corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsasport is underthreat (serious post)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsasport is underthreat (serious post)
waynep

User status: Offline
16th Sep 04 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i seen a few people gettin emails from here from people who claim that they want to buy goods from us which are advertised in the classifieds

the subject of message is the identicle thread name and the email adress is got from the users profile.

then the auto email is sent out and normally reads like this .....

hello,
Am interested in this item but before getting this item i will like to know or asked some questions about this items and these are the major thing that i will like to know,
Why you wish to sell this items?
The present condition of this item?
Your last price for this item without shipping charges?
Can i view any pics of this items?
Your method of payment?
These are the major questions that i will like to know about this items before going further to purchase the item and have a good transaction with you.More so i will like you to be more sincere with me and transact with me,with UTMOST GOOD FAITH.
Hopefully to read from you asap.
Regards,
Mrs Rose

i tihnk the problem needs to be resolved somehow because what ever item i sell on cs i seem to get that email from a random person
Robbo

16th Sep 04 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep had that, search, loads of people have
waynep

16th Sep 04 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but its obviosuly sum auto thing that is leeching from cs database which is bad ... is nothing going to be done about it... security wise
Dave1682

16th Sep 04 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CorsaCrazy you should be a detective. Good investigation work here.

As you say, there could be something from within the CS database which is bad, but I'm sure the CS server is kept under tight security.

The auto-email sent out doesn't seem to be asking to many security-risk questions though.

It's strange indeed.
Joff

16th Sep 04 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Under threat? Nah.
Dave1682

16th Sep 04 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
Under threat? Nah.

Yeah, we're hardly under attack but whoever/whatever got in to CS, there's been a security leak which needs solving before it's exploited again.
waynep

16th Sep 04 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its possoble for an autoscript to carry on leachin code there fore our privicy is under threat i know its a public forum but for some company or who ever is sending these mails to have all our details logged, now thats just invation of privicy is it not ?
Bart

16th Sep 04 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a very well known scam that is going on, read more of the similar incidant here:

http://www.mykp.co.uk/home.asp?id=267
corsa-sxi

16th Sep 04 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got email from my ebay item, same as that
ed_jones

16th Sep 04 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WARNING WARNING, THIS PERSON IS DODGY. when i advertised my pulsar bonnet on here a few feeks agon she sed she wud buy it off me but she wud send me £2500 for a bonnet she was buying for £140. and i had to send the rest to the shipper. this is a con. there was a article about this in my local paper with fraudsters targeting people in shropshire and i discussed this at my last vauxhall sports car club meeting. beware of this person. although i killed the deal before it went through i advise against making and transaction with this person as you could end up getting hurt financially !!!!!!!
chillout

16th Sep 04 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive heard of that one ed jones!
plus have also had this email to
Ben
Banned

16th Sep 04 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

email on here is usually bullshit anyhow ,i just deleate all emails
ljames555

16th Sep 04 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i watched on telly this firm had a sale worth abit of mula and some woman on phone was buying and bank rang company 10 mins afta that and this woman was £8000 or more better off how can they take money out of your bank account? if they are saying they want to buy goods off you
Joff

16th Sep 04 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want someone to give me £2000 for something worth £140
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Sep 04 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This information is taken direct from the web pages. No security breach has taken place.

The solution is educating users to be aware of such things. The topped post in the forum which was posted in July and has been topped every since hopefully does this.

Short of coming round to everyones house before they close the deal, I'm not sure what more we can do.

I'd appreciate less scaremongering as well. The database isn't compromised until Tim or I say its been compromised, and we don't intend on making that statement any time soon.
Joff

16th Sep 04 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
... The database isn't compromised until Tim or I say its been compromised, and we don't intend on making that statement any time soon.

You sure?
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Sep 04 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be interested to learn otherwise. Not in this case though, certainly.
Joff

16th Sep 04 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I'd be interested to learn otherwise. Not in this case though, certainly.

Emailed you and Timothy a couple of months ago
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Sep 04 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Send it again, I forget.
nickyboy01

16th Sep 04 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They send you a cheque for the amount and you wait for it to clear, usually a business cheque. It clears fine and the despatch the item via whatever means. At the month end the company/person in question realises the cheque has been stolen and the bank take back the money (they are allowed to) you then have no contact detials for the person in question and have lost the item and the money.
They say they'll pay you extra so its more tempting for you. My brother was offered £5k for a £700 Astra Supposadly being shipped to South Africa
Greg_M

16th Sep 04 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stfu, everyone has been gettin these emails, no one else has been crying like a baby. just egnor them like any other scam.
Joff

16th Sep 04 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Send it again, I forget.

What email address?
Joff

16th Sep 04 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nickyboy01
They send you a cheque for the amount and you wait for it to clear, usually a business cheque. It clears fine and the despatch the item via whatever means. At the month end the company/person in question realises the cheque has been stolen and the bank take back the money (they are allowed to) you then have no contact detials for the person in question and have lost the item and the money.
They say they'll pay you extra so its more tempting for you. My brother was offered £5k for a £700 Astra Supposadly being shipped to South Africa

So bank it, withdraw, close your account and don't send it to S. Africa.
Richie

16th Sep 04 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-crazy
well its possoble for an autoscript to carry on leachin code there fore our privicy is under threat i know its a public forum but for some company or who ever is sending these mails to have all our details logged, now thats just invation of privicy is it not ?

stop whining bitch

You were just waiting to plug your site using the line 'Come onto corsa crazy instead blah blah blah'

Pathetic. Its no code leak, its just a simple scan of webpages with information being taken from it.
Adam

16th Sep 04 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
quote:
Originally posted by corsa-crazy

stop whining bitch

You were just waiting to plug your site using the line 'Come onto corsa crazy instead blah blah blah'

Pathetic. Its no code leak, its just a simple scan of webpages with information being taken from it.

I'd quite happily sit all day reading web pages if I was going to get loads of free stuff. Not that I would do that.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsasport is underthreat (serious post) 22 database queries in 0.1002700 seconds