corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » todays little inccident

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author todays little inccident
langey

User status: Offline
10th Sep 04 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was coming home from work today, come out a sjunction and my car is the shittest car in the world when its wet, its only a 1.4 and it spins in 1st and 2nd evan tho i honestly wasnt giving it loads of revs. it just like being on ice when its wet for some stupid reason.

anyway lost control of the car coimgin out of a junction, nearly took out 3 other cars in traffic, then i svereved the other way, just missed a lampost and twated both left side wheels against the kerb, alloys are fucked, the front wheel aint evan round

the kerb was fucked too so i just fucked off.

rant over.

anyone else have a 1.4 sport that has less tracktion than a 2ltr turbo settin off on ice.
CorsaLad16v

10th Sep 04 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 1.2 that slides around roundabouts in the rain.. altho at 60mph i expected it to lol
langey

10th Sep 04 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car slides round roundabouts at 30mph and less.

and honest to god i wasnt revin the balls off it or in a rush or anything when this little inccident happend. well gutted now tho, and the sub burnt out on wednesday.,

think i might sell up, and just get a banger for 300quid with 12months tax and mot. then throw it away
Rob H

10th Sep 04 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by langey
was coming home from work today, come out a sjunction and my car is the shittest car in the world when its wet, its only a 1.4 and it spins in 1st and 2nd evan tho i honestly wasnt giving it loads of revs. it just like being on ice when its wet for some stupid reason.

anyway lost control of the car coimgin out of a junction, nearly took out 3 other cars in traffic, then i svereved the other way, just missed a lampost and twated both left side wheels against the kerb, alloys are fucked, the front wheel aint evan round

rant over.

anyone else have a 1.4 sport that has less tracktion than a 2ltr turbo settin off on ice.

Buy some decent Tyes and Stop driving like a goon. If you know your car will slide and has no traction, you were going too fast for the road conditions, simple as.
Nismo

10th Sep 04 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i once put the front wheels on the wrong way round (rtread facing wrong way) went round a corner in the rain and did a complete 360 and the lorry coming towards me swered to miss me
CorsaLad16v

10th Sep 04 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
i once put the front wheels on the wrong way round (rtread facing wrong way) went round a corner in the rain and did a complete 360 and the lorry coming towards me swered to miss me

langey

10th Sep 04 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
quote:
Originally posted by langey

rant over.

Buy some decent Tyes and Stop driving like a goon. If you know your car will slide and has no traction, you were going too fast for the road conditions, simple as.

how was i going too fast, i had just pulled out a junction from being stationary. i didnt think the road wud have been that slippy. and i wasnt driving like a goon. if you actually read the post i say that i honestyl wasnt going fast or giving it the revs, i wouldnt lie about it. not like it makes a difference idff i was speeding or what ever. end of the day its only me whos lost out.
Wolfy

10th Sep 04 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell us what your tyres are then? 9 times out of 10 its the rubber thats to fault. mine were crap but that was due to a hard compunt trad so in the wet it was crap... really crap. like spind in 5th crap
changed the tyres and it was fine.

Sims

lol. i had a incident like this today. Was really wet and went through a s bend. coming out the tight bend which was sharp, tried to put some power on and it felt like i was on ice. my wheels where turnt but i was just going forward. then i took my foot of the power and corrected. i was only doing 30 and i was in 4th when i eased onto the power, but the ground was saturated.

Was only for a split second, but it makes you shit ya pants

[Edited on 10-09-2004 by Sims]
AdiSRI

It seems to be nigh on every other day you post up about an 'incident' that deffo wasnt your fault.....

And it wouldnt of been just you if you had hit 1 or more of those 3 other cars would it.
langey

10th Sep 04 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdiSRI
It seems to be nigh on every other day you post up about an 'incident' that deffo wasnt your fault.....

And it wouldnt of been just you if you had hit 1 or more of those 3 other cars would it.

the last inccident i can think of was the sub, not been any since then.

AdiSRI

10th Sep 04 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not diggin at ya, just seems that you have a unnaturally high number of incidents.

I have a mate the same and he cant drive for shit, he even crashed into the back of my car once. LOL
langey

10th Sep 04 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol people say i'm a mad driver, but there just shit passangers.
Nismo

10th Sep 04 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i belive you as a similar thing happened to me and i was doing less than 30.
Jambo

10th Sep 04 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tyres tyres tyres.

I used to have falkens on mine in the wet they were scary, in my ignorance i thought it was because i had 17"s and it was the penalty for good looking wheels.

Untill i found out about avon ZZ3's and can now do ridiculas speeds in wet and or dry conddtions with ease

I also may suggest to check your camber, as i have just chewed thru 2 fronts in less than 6,000 miles

Due to camber
leeshez

10th Sep 04 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bad news M8

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » todays little inccident 22 database queries in 0.0116012 seconds