corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B Boot Suround!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B Boot Suround!!
HereOnMerit

User status: Offline
   7th Sep 04 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the original Corsa B Black Boot Surround! I want it 2 match the colour of the car! what will i need to do this? could someone please write me a list!!

Thanks
Greasemonkey

7th Sep 04 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rub the plastic surround down smooth with 400 grit paper, once smooth give it a bit of 800 grit, spray with PLASTIC primer about 4-5 coats, wait for it to dry between coats 15mins if warm, and sand with 800-1200 grit to get a silky smooth finish, then do the same with the paint but use a real fine grit between coats, if its metalic dont sand the last coat before laquer it will go dull
broster
Premium Member

7th Sep 04 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

beg to differ dude, id sand before the laquer, makes it deaper and shinyer
AK

7th Sep 04 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...i found this varied with the quality of laquer

I always sand between coats....

When laquering mettalic paint with the laquer supplied with the vaux touch up spray kits it worked really well..

BUT when using halfords clear laquer it went dull unless i used really really really thin coats
Greasemonkey

7th Sep 04 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem i have is if you sand metalic paint it goes dull so when ya spray ya last coat before laquer ya dont wanna be locking in the dull paint, or am i missing summit, i never sand the laquer either i use rubbing compound a few weeks later
broster
Premium Member

7th Sep 04 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dontthink you can see this well on this pic, but i rubber this down before i laquered it and it is proper shiney and looked alot better and deeper than the bits i didnt rub down before laquering

New Poll