corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Why have a loud sound system?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Why have a loud sound system?
sassyminx

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 04 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know will

my car goes tomorrow
Robbo

3rd Sep 04 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
I used to think that having a mega loud system was super dooper... It is a cool feeling having the sub pumping away, but it is stupid if you are driving, and when you go down a high street you do actually look like an ass - honestly, I have been walking everyhwere, and waiting for busses e.t.c... for a while now, every time somone comes past blasting 50 cent, I just have to think 'cock'.
Agree, I always have my music on loud but never when im going thru a town centre etc
Robbo

3rd Sep 04 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or sat at traffic lights etc
Adam-D

3rd Sep 04 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a headunit
std speakers

i like some of my music loud but i turn it down when the need be
Trotty

3rd Sep 04 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just another part of the hobby for me. I've never been one to 'cruise' around with it blaring out, mainly because it looks plain fucking stoopid.

That said, I've spent a fair few quid on a system that I'm very happy with. It's not set up to be massively bass heavy and as I spend an awful lot of time in the car for work, etc I'd rather have a bit of quality in there
sassyminx

3rd Sep 04 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Trotty
It's just another part of the hobby for me. I've never been one to 'cruise' around with it blaring out, mainly because it looks plain fucking stoopid.

That said, I've spent a fair few quid on a system that I'm very happy with. It's not set up to be massively bass heavy and as I spend an awful lot of time in the car for work, etc I'd rather have a bit of quality in there

rather have semi loud one that sounds amazing than a stupidly loud one that sounds pants
Trotty

3rd Sep 04 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactamundo
sassyminx

3rd Sep 04 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Exactamundo

mine sounds good...... but i dont know if itl fit in the nova

are the boots much smaller
Avey

3rd Sep 04 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said, loud systems r good if they retain the quality
I hate it when u can tell a system is turned up full & u can hear the speakers/subs clipping
I used to have a really loud system in the Corsa, still held a decent quality tho
goldfish
Banned

3rd Sep 04 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sassyminx
quote:

rather have a man with a large cock than a small one

yes, most females think like this.

spending mega money for a sound system in a car is stupid IMHO. a decent set of speakers and a decent head unit will give you a quality sound in an environment where it can't be loud for legal reasons. I have never been in a car that has a small sub (Punto HGT + sporting have them as standard) so I can't comment but in for a home system they are essential.
Redcorsa69

3rd Sep 04 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a loud sound system, but that goes for the house too. I just enjoy music loud! You cant listen to music properly unless its cranked right up, but I usually do this on motorways and long distance driving. Plus my car is slow so I dont really get involved as a "driver" very often.
J da Silva

3rd Sep 04 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats where this 2litre engine comes in dave get one!
Redcorsa69

3rd Sep 04 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cars up for sale mate, cant afford the conversion, but gettin a clio 16v so that should keep me entertained!
LoudandProud

3rd Sep 04 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a loud sound system that i have built up over the last 2 years, been tweaking it ever since i got it and im getting closer to 150db evry month. I like music and i have grew up around dj squipment so thats how im used to it. when i last got it tested i was told that over 140db is against safety regulations and playing normal music with the wrong settings on my amp i hit 145.7 db and thats how i drive every day, dont really care who else can hear it cos its for me just loud enuff for evryone else to hear it!

rant over
James_DT

3rd Sep 04 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drive with the window open because I prefer it like that, so only really have the music loud to drown out the noise from when I'm driving at 60+. Standard speakers sound fine for this.
J da Silva

3rd Sep 04 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LoudandProud
I have a loud sound system that i have built up over the last 2 years, been tweaking it ever since i got it and im getting closer to 150db evry month. I like music and i have grew up around dj squipment so thats how im used to it. when i last got it tested i was told that over 140db is against safety regulations and playing normal music with the wrong settings on my amp i hit 145.7 db and thats how i drive every day, dont really care who else can hear it cos its for me just loud enuff for evryone else to hear it!

rant over

oh dear
Wrighty

3rd Sep 04 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont mind people playing loud music in their car,its their choice,but when twats come past in their puntos with clubland 2 up loud you just have to laugh
CorsAsh

3rd Sep 04 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason
how the fuck do u drive that thing!!! are u 4ft????

No, I'm 6'2" Have to ride it with your knees stickin right out, such a good laugh tho
Valleyscorsa

3rd Sep 04 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lets have a few pics of your systems then! mines half done at mo, it can be loud but not stupidly loud cos half the car rattles and it doesnt sound good, i think music sounds so much better when you can clearly hear the bass line, BUT i really hate all the NEDS who park up in mcdonalds blasting out scooter, not cool
piccy

CorsAsh

3rd Sep 04 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Valleyscorsa
lets have a few pics of your systems then!

Mine's only part built too, lighting and carpeting to be done along with a few other refinements...
Valleyscorsa

3rd Sep 04 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CorsAsh

3rd Sep 04 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've actually got more than one system in there, theres the exhaust system, the ignition system, the intake system, the braking system......
Cavey

3rd Sep 04 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only had mine for me, i'm driving the car, i wanna listen to music @ a decent quality.

As said before by some people, i used to turn it down if i was stopped @ lights or through town etc..etc...

Not that it was STUPIDLY loud anyway
Rob_Quads

3rd Sep 04 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Peoples put stereos in thier cars for various reasons, Some to compete, some just to enjoy music.

People have said people modifidy a car to go from A -> B quicker - why do you need to go an quicker? I guess cause you want to, in the same way someone else might want to listen to a higher SQ of music.

I am guessing people don't still have a 14" mono TV at home? Why not? Because a 28" DD system provides much more enjoyment and you can watch a film much easier. In the same way some people would prefer to listen to music on a really good system rather than a stock one.
calidus

3rd Sep 04 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a sub and amp into my car to fill out the lower frequencies that std speakers miss, it makes all ur fave songs 100times beta I found, and at times its nice to have a bit of a rumble to the beat I have my music loud everywhere all the time, I probably look like an ass but it aint to get noticed, im into it that much

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Why have a loud sound system? 22 database queries in 0.0169342 seconds