corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Are Insurance companys allowed 2 do this?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Are Insurance companys allowed 2 do this?
Karen

User status: Offline
28th Aug 04 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know if everybody knows this but sum1 hit my car 4 weeks ago and Im claiming 2 get it repaired on her insurance. Was given a courtasy car and told I could have it for free for as long as the repair work was necessary as they knew it wouldnt be as simple as other repair jobs coz it was a modified car.

It was 2 weeks before an assessor came out 2 see my car so we couldnt do anything untill then, a few days later they agreed 2 pay for it as long as I got the same bumper again.

So everything was fine and we found a bumper and itl be here in about a weeks time.

Then today I got a phone call from the place that supplied my courtasy car saying the insurance company have faxed them saying theyr not paying the bill for the car as of the 26th August and Iv to pay the bill for the rest of the duration I have the car. Surely the insurance company cant do this and should of phoned me 1st to tell me this instead of waiting till 2 days after theyv stopped paying and also cant speak to anybody untill tuesday
Coblet

28th Aug 04 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unnaceptable really foxy - you should ring up and have harsh words with them.
Karen

28th Aug 04 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing I can do till tuesday so thats another 3 days car hire Im ment 2 be paying for. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Greg_M

28th Aug 04 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get on the blower to the insurance company and kick up as fuss. simple
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Aug 04 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're not obligated to provide you with a car but as they have done its bad form to now ask you to pay for a portion of the hire.

I dare say a phone call to them may sort it, you certainly have cause to be annoyed.
James_DT

29th Aug 04 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My insurance company only provides the courtesy car free for 1 or 2 weeks (I can't remember), then you have to pay to keep it longer.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Aug 04 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But this wasn't her fault, and she wasn't told about it being for a limited time.
nickyboy01

29th Aug 04 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll prolly be in the small print of the policy if they supply one, it tends to only be couple of weeks
Black Corsa SRi

29th Aug 04 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check what your policy says. Mine says they well provide a courtesy car as long as blame has been proven to the other party (ie they can claim the money back off the other persons insurance) but my mate's policy only povided one for two weeks no matter who was to blame.

Oh BTW has the body shop you sent your car to not got its own courtesy cars? when mine went in this was the case and you only had to pay if you didnt return it within 24 hours of the work being completed on your car
KelSE2

29th Aug 04 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you occur expense as a result of the other persons actions, they you can claim it back as an uninsured loss from their insurers. This is usually done where you claim against your own policy and let your insurance claim it back from theirs, but you hace to pay the excess (usually £150 - £250). You can write to their insurance company requesting re-imbursement of your uninsured losses. It is usual to write 'without liability' across the top of the letter. I'm sure that your hire costs could also be included in such a letter.
Black Corsa SRi

29th Aug 04 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^^^^^
good point. Does your insurance cover include DAS cover? if so and the accidnet is def not your fault they'll have a hire car to you within 24 hours free of charge and claim it back as an unisured loss off the other party
Karen

29th Aug 04 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was told wen I phoned about the claim and getting a courtasy car I would get 1 untill my car was repaired.

And if this was the case and I wasnt allowed 1 after 4 weeks should they not of phoned me 2 say and ask if I still wanted it or not?
ed

29th Aug 04 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read this earlier - have you read all the small print on your insurance cover, or on the agreement that you should have got when they loaned you the car. It might have a certain period of time where the loan of the car is covered by them, then after that time period they start charging you... I don't know why, but this seems to be the sort of thing insurance companys do - I also don't know why companys that are supposedly reputable take so much pride in ripping people off endlessly...
TRL

30th Aug 04 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might be able to claim for the extra car-hire costs from the other insurer under 'un-insured losses'. Worth a go.

Tony
Siberia

30th Aug 04 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

insuarance companys are cnuts... they'll stab u in the back at every opertunity
shekie07

30th Aug 04 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't blame the people that suplied u with the car we only do what the insurance company say. Plz don't hurt me!!

As the others say, get on the blower and kick up a stink.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Are Insurance companys allowed 2 do this? 22 database queries in 0.0134480 seconds