corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wiring up heated leather seats?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wiring up heated leather seats?
shorty235

User status: Offline
24th Aug 04 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have fitted a set of black heated calibra leather seats but have not wired up the heating elements.
i have not checked to see if my car has the wiring for the heated seats but if it does i assume they plug straight in to the plug under the seat.
but where do the switches go and how do i wire them up?
i have the switches from the calibra
J100RSA

24th Aug 04 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wires r behind the heater panell for the switches but denpends what modell u have if the wiring is there

[Edited on 24-08-2004 by J100RSA]
A_Venables

24th Aug 04 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carefull there! Not sure but I have heard from a vxl dealer that the heated seat pads are controlled differently on the Calibra to the Corsa, I've got the switches, pads but havnt done the conversion yet, so check first as the switches and pads maybe set up differently, something to do with the relays that switch the pads on and off to do with the temperature.
shorty235

24th Aug 04 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is a 1997 1.4 16v sport. before facelift
A_Venables

24th Aug 04 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you take the heating and vent panel off, you will see the looms coming off the back where the switches go, the surround for the switches is about 9quid from vaux maybe less from what I can remember, when you take the slider cover panel of the recirculating slider, the heated seat switches just plug in to the holes and plugs behind, very easy! just make sure the switches, looms and pads in the seats are compatable and no relays or thermostats, etc are missing or you might end up with a hot heated seat! Ask youre vxl dealer I'm sure they will help if you ask the parts blokes nicely
arden_paul_m

25th Dec 08 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is the part number for these switches??? i also have the wiring ready to go just need these switches...
adz_gsi

25th Dec 08 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there were some in the scrappy near me the other day when i went i could go back on monday and retrieve them for a small fee m8 u2u me if interested

New Poll