corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Something to share with you

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Something to share with you
stubs

User status: Offline
   23rd Aug 04 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With all the recent posts about traffic accidents etc, it's put me on a bit of a downer and brought back some recent unhappy memories.

I'd like to share something with you, that cheered me up a little at my uncle's funeral in April..
It's a few passages taken from the service boolet that everyone was given & it kind of summed up how i'd imagine my Uncle John, if he was looking down on us that sunny day..

"Death is nothing at all, I have only slipped away into the next room. I am I, and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other, that we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Let my name be ever the household word that it aways was. Let it be spoken without an effort, without the trace of a shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was; there is unbroken continuity.

Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?

I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere near, just around the corner.

All is well."

Jambo

23rd Aug 04 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Icy

23rd Aug 04 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Something to share with you 22 database queries in 0.0091829 seconds