corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » conversion starts tomorrow.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author conversion starts tomorrow.
myke

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 04 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

about to start a c20xe conversion
engine came from my calibra that i used for 6months.

will be going into my gsi that i've owned for around 3months

stripped the cally down at work a couple of months back, and have been doing some work on the engine at a mates garage while it was out.

sent the head away for basic gas flow/port polish

also done the sump gasket, water pump, belt idler, belt tensioner, cambelt, complete top end gasket set, dizzy cap, and rotor arm while it was all out.

anyway, just about to bring the engine back to mine, and make a start on the swap.
i've got engine mounts and astra shafts courtesy of Lee Mitchell, cv's from the calibra, hubs from the calibra which need machining to the corsa bearings(job for this week), the new bearings to go in, 12v rad-stat hose, shorter oil filter thread to do away with the oil cooler and sandwich plate, and was already running the powercap and induction kit on the calibra.

going to crack on with it evenings starting tomorrow for a couple of hours after getting the engine back, then properly cracking on from wednesday.
i'll have to hire an engine crane for a day or two when the actual swap is happening, but otherwise just going to more or less take my time, and do it bit by bit.

i want this all finished by trax in two weeks so i can take it round silverstone if it's all finished.
had the calibra brakes and braided hoses put on last week, and have been on apex shocks with pi front springs and chassis dynamics rears for the last month.
calibra wheels on at the moment, but i've had a set of the dished 6spoke cav wheels refurbed in black, which i'm waiting on another pair of 195/45's for before they can go on.

expect lots of questions from me in help zone over the next couple of weeks, and i'll try and remember to take plenty of photos as i go along.

wish me luck

[Edited on 22-08-2004 by myke]
mike16v

22nd Aug 04 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck fella, hope it all goes to plan and u make it out on the tarmac at trax
ed

22nd Aug 04 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff... Mine's coming out tomorrow ready for the re-build, it's kinda dirty and needs a load of gaskets. Gonna go into my old school and lathe my hubs out, and mill me a plate to attatch an Ecotec pipe to the throttle body too...

Whats this your saying about an oil cooler, is there something I have missed? I saw an oil cooler type thing, but it was attatched to the PAS pump - I think
myke

22nd Aug 04 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mike.

ed, yeah. i'm gona take advantage of the lathe at work tomorrow if i can find my certificates.

the oil cooler comes off of the sandwhich plate that the oild filter screws into.
the sandwich plate is held in place by the threaded part which threads into the block or oil pump housing too.
some engines ran without the cooler, so you may not have one, but you can also get the adapter screw from vaux to remove the plate and run without the cooler.

they come from close proximity, but the oil cooler and the pas pump are totally seperate items, not connected at all.
ed

22nd Aug 04 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats cool, I probably don't have an oil cooler then...

How much did you pay Lee for the engine mounts, thats all I need I think, unless I go ahead and buy a powercap or V-Tuning plate. I was wanting to use the SFi box, but modding it seems to be a bit of a pain in the ass really...
myke

22nd Aug 04 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

105 or 50 without the body mount.
had them kicking round for a while now though.

you got the right fuel pump in yours? or you got one already?
ed

22nd Aug 04 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't need to body mount if you have a non-pas or 8v Corsa right?

I got MattB's GSi fuel pump. Need a new rad too, my dad says that I should get a brand new one, wuld this have to be a GSi item too, or can I use one from another model?

myke

22nd Aug 04 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, you'll just need the 50 set.
gsi pump will do the trick, and any corsa rad will do. they are all the same apart from diesel ones, apparently
Sooty
Banned

22nd Aug 04 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GSi looks mint, id leave it like that to be honest, just lower it on some different rims
ed

22nd Aug 04 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The one on my 1.2 8v doesn't have the hose connections in the right place though Cheers for the help
myke

22nd Aug 04 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got these black 15's to put on as soon as i sort another couple of tyres.
it's lowered already. has black mhw's, i have a 3/4 size front plate to go on, and dark headlights on order.

it's got pikey b-pillars, so this will have to be sorted soon. plus eventually i'll lose the boot lock and handle.
myke

22nd Aug 04 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you thinking about the header tank ed?
i know you need one of them with an extra connection, but i was under the impression that all of the rads apart from the diesel were the same.
ed

22nd Aug 04 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Header tank is fine, that can be modified, as it has a clip to attatch the second pipe to, or I'll use the Cav tank... The radiators seem different in comparison. The cavalier has a large inlet on the top right side of it, and the 1.2 one has a smaller inlet firther down the radiator...
myke

22nd Aug 04 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is the cally one, should be the same as the cav.

inlet is top right, outlet is halfway down the left side.
can't remember exactly what the corsa one is like, but it's a lot shorter than the big block one, so the outlet will probably be closer to the bottom.
ed

22nd Aug 04 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a proper look... Your right - I wasn't looking properly, the pipework is hidden by the air box e.t.c...
Fad

22nd Aug 04 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like you are doing a proper job of it...good luck and its looking
jr

22nd Aug 04 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate, nice gsi as well

cant fault these conversions for fun per £

they also do 30ish runs up a drag stip whitout hesitation
ed

22nd Aug 04 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got given a ride in SteveW's LET this morning at over 125mph down a du.... private road. Was fun
myke

22nd Aug 04 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lads.

quote:

they also do 30ish runs up a drag stip whitout hesitation

so i've seen. hopefully mine will last as well. may take it to Lee for a once over after Trax if i make it that far.
chanel

22nd Aug 04 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good one myke Help here if u need it

BTW people mykes wheels are shexy
Jambo

22nd Aug 04 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

/\ Oooooooooops signed in on wrong name
Stu_22

23rd Aug 04 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.2 rad is smaller than a rad of a 1.6 sport i dont know if that becausse the 1.6 has AC infront too

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » conversion starts tomorrow. 22 database queries in 0.0163369 seconds