corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » EXHAUST HELP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EXHAUST HELP
Tribal

User status: Offline
   20th Aug 04 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need help with choosing a new exhaust system i want a phat sound like a the skyline i know i cant get the same sound but something along the lines of thati thought about magnex and scorpion but i am not which one to go 4 any suggestions?

cheers
broster
Premium Member

20th Aug 04 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you just want it loud go for a custom exhaust from a similar place to powerflow.
fragpot

20th Aug 04 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ashley competition exhausts sound nice, phone them and get a custom one for half the price of a magnex. Tell them you want it loud too. If you want proper loud then theres a place called freeflow exhausts near me who put a straight pipe from the manifold then weld a backbox arround it so it looks like its legal. They are only about £60 as well, but keep your old exhaust for MOT's. I dunno their number but you could 118 it. Freeflow, Bo'mains Ind Est, Linlithgow Road, Bo'ness, Scotland, EH510QG
blundey

21st Aug 04 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he is in essex.
blundey

21st Aug 04 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get pritty much any backbox for ur car and remove the centre box [silencer] and you will get a nice meaty sound. Id adivse leaving the cat in place though for legal reasons.

So get a scorpion/magnex/ashley back box, remove the centre box and get it replaced with a straight through pipe and bada boom skyline tunage...almost

My maye just bought a ashley backbox for his car, it sounded quieter then his original back box + hole...so we tore off the centre box and replaced it with a straight through pipe, nows its a bit too loud. But serves its purpose.

All in all the ashley back box cost him £75 to have it fitted was £25.oo and to have the centre box removed at the same time and replaced was another £25.00 so all in all it cost about £50.00 plus the price of the back box. Not bad huh? you could always fit it yourself it u have the tools to do so.
Tribal

21st Aug 04 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could i get the magnex 5 inch universal and get a company to make a custom straight through pipe or will it sound shit
Lee 16v

22nd Aug 04 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no point gettin magnex if ur jus after loudness... jus buy a cheaper one n remove centre box like every1 has said
Jamescorsa97

22nd Aug 04 at 07:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where did he get his back box from? W as it fitted at a local garage ?
Red_SXi

22nd Aug 04 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sebring backbox with Sebring straight through centre section, it'll work out cheaper than any other Stainless steel full system, inlcuding powerflow. U2U me if you want a price
blundey

24th Aug 04 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.potn.com under tuning, they have a good range too. If you have stainless steel back box, and stainless steel pipe from back box to cat...u pritty much have a stainless stell full system....for what 125 quid plus price of backbox. But take red up on his offer, sebring are quality.

New Poll