corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Broken down AGAIN! LOL

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Broken down AGAIN! LOL
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
20th Aug 04 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Altenator wiring went last week, had that fixed, but it had also cooked the battery, so had that replaced yesterday, then today on quite a hard gear change, "CLUNK" and now the gearstick is right at the top position and i cant get it in 1st or 2nd Sound like a knackered gear box, mount or linkage do u reckon?
Pablo

20th Aug 04 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U must be spending a few pennies on this car now mate, least u can laugh bout it id be screwing !!!
Richie

20th Aug 04 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Linkage mate, propably one of the bushes have gone.

Maybe the selector is twatted ....
astravanman

20th Aug 04 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a look under your bonet mate and u can see the linkage take the lil metal pipe off the one the just clips off and pull your linkage back to get it out off gear then put the round pipe back on and it should work as mine did that u got a xe aint u
drunkenfool

20th Aug 04 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i do. I tried changing gear from under the bonnet, could only move it back and forwards not twisting it at all.
drunkenfool

20th Aug 04 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P4UL
U must be spending a few pennies on this car now mate, least u can laugh bout it id be screwing !!!

Yeah i know Laughing it off is the only way to be, plus Hardcore is returning to Hereford tonight for the first time in a few months so i cant be in a bad mood!
astravanman

20th Aug 04 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer but take the lil metal pipe off mate and then try taking it out off gear by twisting it trust
drunkenfool

20th Aug 04 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i left it down the garage, managed to get it there via country roads, and just walked 2 miles home Ill see what they say later, but im prob not gonna be drivin it later anyway.
J4CKO

20th Aug 04 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
Altenator wiring went last week, had that fixed, but it had also cooked the battery, so had that replaced yesterday, then today on quite a hard gear change, "CLUNK" and now the gearstick is right at the top position and i cant get it in 1st or 2nd Sound like a knackered gear box, mount or linkage do u reckon?

the linkage has gone mate just re s4et it and tighten it up !!
drunkenfool

20th Aug 04 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couldnt do it on my own cos my mechanic put a spot weld on there to stop it coming lose like it did in the past!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Broken down AGAIN! LOL 22 database queries in 0.0137529 seconds