corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » One of the best races I've ever had....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author One of the best races I've ever had....
RichiesCorsa

User status: Offline
18th Aug 04 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member

Its quite easy to spin the wheels, especially when the friction provided by the tyres is less than the central force required to negotiate the corner at the maximum possible speed, hence why understeer occurs. You lot think that because your car has so much bhp you can easily beat less powerful cars. The best way to win a race is to have the power down first, simple as. This is not easy in high power cars due to understeer and oversteer. But in a less powereful car, you can get the power down much earlier, pulling yourself out of the corner.
Martyn
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

18th Aug 04 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by RichiesCorsa
Its quite easy to spin the wheels, especially when the friction provided by the tyres is less than the central force required to negotiate the corner at the maximum possible speed, hence why understeer occurs. You lot think that because your car has so much bhp you can easily beat less powerful cars. The best way to win a race is to have the power down first, simple as. This is not easy in high power cars due to understeer and oversteer. But in a less powereful car, you can get the power down much earlier, pulling yourself out of the corner.

please stop
StuartVRS

18th Aug 04 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:

Oh dear god
Martyn

18th Aug 04 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member

someone please help him
Dave1682

Pulsar Gti-R - 220 bhp - 0-60 in 6.1

Corsa 1.4 16v - 90bhp - 0-60 in 10.5

Need we say anything else on the matter?
StuartVRS

quote:
Originally posted by Martyn
someone please help him

waaaaaaaaay beyond help mate
Greg_M

18th Aug 04 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
The best way to win a race is to have the power down first, simple as. This is not easy in high power cars due to understeer and oversteer. But in a less powereful car, you can get the power down much earlier, pulling yourself out of the corner.

more commonly known as talking bollox. do you know anything about driving? the best way to win a race is a compromise of bigger power/ fater acc, and skill level to be able to navigate turns and the approprate speeds. the power difference in these two cars so so grate that even if he could harldy drive he would still leave you for dead. its like me trying to race my uncles rally spec WRX in a landrover. WILL NEVER HAPPEN no matter how bad driver they are

[Edited on 18-08-2004 by Greg12v]
Martyn

18th Aug 04 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by corsaCsxi
quote:
Originally posted by Martyn
someone please help him

waaaaaaaaay beyond help mate

RichiesCorsa

18th Aug 04 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member

Yes the power difference is significant. But if my car can take the corner at 51mph, and the pulsar at 50mph, who is going faster? Im not saying my car is fast, it is far from it. It is pathetic on the straights. But on the corners is a different story.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Aug 04 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
This is not easy in high power cars due to understeer and oversteer. But in a less powereful car, you can get the power down much earlier, pulling yourself out of the corner.
My Corsa is a capable car, but the Astra is more powerful and thus quicker. Both only understeer if I severly over-cook it in to a bend and put the weight in the wrong place, lose any control I had over where the car is going and ruin any chance of exiting the corner quick.

Either he wasn't trying, or his car was broken, or he wasn't trying. I like playing with faster stuff when I'm out in the Corsa but I blame the other driver not having a go, not the superiority of the underdog.
AK

18th Aug 04 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member

and are we missing the point of the 4wd here!!!

Your saying you could get the power down earlier (mid corner?) compared to a well balanced 4wd chassis.... hmmmm
StuartVRS

18th Aug 04 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Yes the power difference is significant. But if my car can take the corner at 51mph, and the pulsar at 50mph, who is going faster? Im not saying my car is fast, it is far from it. It is pathetic on the straights. But on the corners is a different story.

by the time you get to corner 1, he is already at corner 5, you may be 1mph faster in a corner, but he is priobably near enough 80mph faster down the straights. Do the maths
Greg_M

18th Aug 04 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:

the pulsar would be taking to corners better than you. 4wd compared to fwd is no compotition.

and as for the speed of cournering, even if you took it 10mph quicker than him, it wouldnt matter as he would be going 40mph+ faster than you on average anyway. so please STFU
Martyn

18th Aug 04 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member

omg your corsa does 51mph
corsa120

18th Aug 04 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member

leave the lad alone, could be the lad in pulser cant drive hence making richie the better driver

dont no why some ppl laugh all the time I WAS AT A DRIFT WEKEND AT SILVERSTONE NOT SO LONG AGO WITH A RACE WHICH HAD NISSAN 200SX SOME WITH LIKE 350 BHP+ AND SMALLER ONES WITH LIKE 200BHP AND ALL THE LESS POWERED ONES WERE QUICKER ROUND THE TRACK BECAUSE THEY COULD GET BETTER TRACTION.

i know its not same scenario but.... point is the same ive met some of my m8's in shitty 1.4 orions and they have took bends incredibly quick while on standard suspension, maybe ritchie is just a nutter driver on the limit, and if u are driving rounds scottish country roads that ive experienced the pulser would not get ahead that much as there are no straights really just windy roads anyways
RichiesCorsa

18th Aug 04 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member

I realise i have come across as a nob, but i dont really care. The only two comments that have made sense have been made by ian and adam. It was trying, as as soon as we came out the corner it would rapidly pull away from me. He took the racing line through most of the corners. I think he was trying considering it was a sunday afternoon on a road with oncoming traffic. If he wasnt trying would he risk his car by doing this?
Martyn

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
leave the lad alone, could be the lad in pulser cant drive hence making richie the better driver

dont no why some ppl laugh all the time I WAS AT A DRIFT WEKEND AT SILVERSTONE NOT SO LONG AGO WITH A RACE WHICH HAD NISSAN 200SX SOME WITH LIKE 350 BHP+ AND SMALLER ONES WITH LIKE 200BHP AND ALL THE LESS POWERED ONES WERE QUICKER ROUND THE TRACK BECAUSE THEY COULD GET BETTER TRACTION.

i know its not same scenario but.... point is the same ive met some of my m8's in shitty 1.4 orions and they have took bends incredibly quick while on standard suspension, maybe ritchie is just a nutter driver on the limit, and if u are driving rounds scottish country roads that ive experienced the pulser would not get ahead that much as there are no straights really just windy roads anyways

we have another one
Greg_M

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120

drift tracks are oiled for god sake, the whole point of drifting is stlye not speed. you can STFU too
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Aug 04 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

I'll be totally honest - I've raced a mate in a Pulsar GTi-R a few years back. He was the worse driver I've ever met, regularly crashed, couldn't drive round a corner for toffee, had no idea where the weight was and didn't even know what gear to be in. It was a fun race but I'm not going to pretend that I won!
StuartVRS

18th Aug 04 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
. He took the racing line through most of the corners.

wtf since when did the public road have 'racing lines'
Martyn

18th Aug 04 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member

olny RichiesCorsa can see these special lines
Greg_M

18th Aug 04 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by corsaCsxi
quote:
. He took the racing line through most of the corners.

wtf since when did the public road have 'racing lines'

that'll be his imagination, think he means he was going onto the other side of the road which is naughty
Nismo

18th Aug 04 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member

are you really sure he was trying i somewhat dont think he was twat ,

If it was AS close as you say then he was probally playing with you , i get this all the time little Nobs like your self thinking that you a chance i dont even bother , yet there giving it som much and think that there great and keeping up yet im just driving normally

still laughing 4wd v corsa
StuartVRS

18th Aug 04 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member

Please, tell me, will you be Coulthards replacement next year? You sound like one hell of a driver.
Martyn

18th Aug 04 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member

I love this thread

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » One of the best races I've ever had.... 22 database queries in 0.0143840 seconds