corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Backpacking in Australia?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Backpacking in Australia?
dave17

User status: Offline
16th Aug 04 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, need to start thinkin positive. always wantd to get away, and how i have no GF i have my chance. my uncle lives in Sydney and hes offered to accomodate me and a friend if we want to go out there. was thikin of gettin a job in a bar and staying around fora few months. also gettin a cheap car and travelling to Perth etc. any1 else done this? i think bradfincham has, any1 else? thoughts?
daveyb

16th Aug 04 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do it mate - you'll never regret it. I went over for 5 months with a mate, stayed at aunt's for a bit, saw ayres rock, perth, up and down the west coast, cairns, port douglas, melbourne, also stopped in singapore for a bit. That was v.strange, i'm 6'2" and me mate 6'5", we were surrounded by tiny people!

if you do go tho, you gotta go diving up in cairns, unbelivable experience!

If you want to do it mate you have to go for it.

[Edited on 16-08-2004 by daveyb]
dave17

16th Aug 04 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much £££ did u take with u? didu work at all? how much u pay 4 flights?
daveyb

16th Aug 04 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saved up for ages so i didn't have to work much. flights were about £600 return, done a bit bar work, not to much tho, it was quite easy to get! Think took about £2500 with me after flights were paid for, wouild have stayed longer but blew loads of cash in Cairns going diving an 4x4'ing in rainforest! If its something you've wanted to do you really have to do it, its an awsome experience.

And if you get in with some good people you find all the cheap bars, one bit of advice is if you stay at hostels talk to everyone you can!
dave17

16th Aug 04 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds alright then as i got my uni fund which im not using coz im not goin!! jus wana get away, nothin is goin right here at the mo.

one major thing stoppin me is my court case for speeding tho, i got bout another 5 month wait, and i dont think i can be in australia for that
daveyb

16th Aug 04 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just say you forgot!

My cuz got about $15000 worth of student loans in Auz the f*cked off round europe and he's not going back! They dont know where he is and the loans have now been wiped out!
dave17

16th Aug 04 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a result!!!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Backpacking in Australia? 22 database queries in 0.0115569 seconds