corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Windows XP SP 2

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Windows XP SP 2
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Aug 04 at 07:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody installed this yet, iv got it and i must say i think the new updates page is shite. the only better feature is you've got a direct link now to download the updates for an administrator to rollout the updates, on the version 4 site you had to change the corporate=false statement to true!

and as for the "better" inbuilt firewall and pop up blocker what total toss, i think microsoft should stick at what the "supposedly" do best
Andrew

13th Aug 04 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm gonna give it a go next week as i have a piece of course-work and revision to do.

You know what MS are like at fucking thing up!
Trotty

13th Aug 04 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Installed at home and on this pooter in work

Seems OK to me - more stable than the RC2 that was on here for awhile anyway. The wee IE improvements are good for those not using another browser and the firewall features are certainly better. Only time will tell if they've done their job properly though
Steve
Premium Member

13th Aug 04 at 07:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

better but not greate is the point i am making
Trotty

13th Aug 04 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was never going to be great though in all fairness - plugging holes (ooh matron ) and patching flaws isn't going to give the end user much to shout about from their perspective but if its more secure and more stable then that'll do for me.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Aug 04 at 07:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you always do it for me trot
Trotty

13th Aug 04 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesh
Steve
Premium Member

13th Aug 04 at 08:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

r u pleased i sold my 106 gti ian trot?
PaulW

13th Aug 04 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

installed it at home last night...

within 10 mins the new firewall was pissing me off, as even tho I was making exceptions for certain programs not to be blocked, it kept blocking them on every boot which is no good, so edited the GPO & disabled it on all clients.

Takes a wee longer to boot up & load everything, pages the HDD a hell of alot too during boot & memory usage goes crazy...

Integrated popup-blocker in IE is a nice touch though, plus fairly easy to configure.

Other features & improvements tho not really noticed. As trot says it does seem more stable than RC2 was, but its still not 100%.

Also the Firewall when enabled by default caused problems with some clients on my domain & wouldnt login proper to the PDC until it was disabled. 1 client had to be re-joined to the domain as the firewall wouldnt let me re-configure it or turn it off

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Windows XP SP 2 22 database queries in 0.0103068 seconds