corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » please help, anyone had this problem before?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author please help, anyone had this problem before?
ryzer

User status: Offline
11th Aug 04 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

righty,
my SRi 1.4 8v is playing up, and i am stumped in how the hell im going to fix it , preferably avoiding costly garage bills.

the problem is the car is running very rough, it doesnt pick up the revs as quick as it used to, and as soon as i come off the accelerator, the revs fall right down to zero before they pick up again to 900 revs then they drop to zero again and so forth, it does this alot now and it is pissing me off, also the engine cuts out sometimes when i come off the revs, i have already changed the spark plugs but it hasnt sorted out the problem.

has anyone else had a similar problem, if so, what was it and how did u sort it out? i have checked the old spark plugs and the haynes manual suggests it may be an incorrect air / fuel mixture or air filter, as i have an induction kit on, could this explain something?

someone please help
ed

11th Aug 04 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heard lots of storys like this before, do a search cos your bound to find the cure...
sassyminx

11th Aug 04 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

idle air control valve mate, ive just had a new one fitted, mine was exactly the same

is the speedo connected, cos if not that also makes it cut out, but defo sounds like iacv theyre £80 from vaux and a twat to fit
ryzer

11th Aug 04 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the replies, trust me they are very much appreciated
ryzer

11th Aug 04 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any one else?
sassyminx

11th Aug 04 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats defo wot it is mate, im 99.9% sure
ryzer

11th Aug 04 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okay thanks i will go with that,
cheers for your time

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » please help, anyone had this problem before? 22 database queries in 0.0084782 seconds