corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » eaton m45 supercharger onto corsa?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eaton m45 supercharger onto corsa?
snottysnowy1

User status: Offline
   10th Aug 04 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone tried doing this? i was reading a post on migweb about it the other day and it got me thinking...is this possible to do or just a bit of an arse to do it yourself? id like more info on this as it might be something i might consider doing in the future...
J da Silva

10th Aug 04 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine mate?
snottysnowy1

10th Aug 04 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

x16xe..
snottysnowy1

10th Aug 04 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as it a belt driven unit i was thinking it could be fabricated to the crankshaft by adding another wheel(possibly from mini) to the side of the original crankshaft and running it from this..mounting the supercharger onto intake manifold by welding or some other way(im no techie) ...just a thought i had..heres a pic of the eaton supercharger for reference..seems simple enough really..

http://www.automotive.eaton.com/product/engine_controls/superchargers/gm/photoHowItWorksB1.jpg
snottysnowy1

10th Aug 04 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.automotive.eaton.com/product/engine_controls/superchargers/gm/how.html

oops sorry
Adam-D

10th Aug 04 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah id say its possoble you just need 2 things
how to mount it to the intake and what to run it off
PaulW

10th Aug 04 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
yeah id say its possoble you just need 2 things
how to mount it to the intake and what to run it off

i wouldnt be suprised if a new custom inlet manifold will have to be made up for this.

could be possible to run it off the aux drive belt perhaps

it won't be easy & it most certainly won't be cheap!

You'll need to uprate a few internals, also most likely either get a unichip to cope with it or map it for the extra fuel, or something like a DTA management system...
snottysnowy1

10th Aug 04 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true.. the bonnet might restrict it also...if an inlet manifold was made like a velos torque tube you could mount it to the back of that to accomodate the space...it would be run by the crankshaft of the engine...(possibly welding a second wheel to the side of it)..just be a knacker to align it all up to attah to the manifold though...has anyone superchared their corsa before?
snottysnowy1

10th Aug 04 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah unichip would be needed also...the superchargers are quite cheep to get a hold of on ebay...they were removed from the cooper s for some reason...its the welding and building of manifolds thats the pain...the unichip would be the most expensive bit i think....
Rileysport

10th Aug 04 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

usual stuff... compression ratio lowering... intercoolers, timing, fuel pressure. All as for a turbo conversion just works that bit differently, if you wait i'll give u a list of what i'm using to run boost on a c20ne calibra lump in my corsa.

andy

New Poll