corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Gearbox and clutch? (peformance)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gearbox and clutch? (peformance)
Ali Mc

User status: Offline
7th Aug 04 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need either a new one or the other so might get both.

For a 1.6 Sport.

Will be running...
4 branch janspeed
Powerflow system
decat
Filter
Velos Inlet manifold

Is there a gearbox/clutch that wil help perormance (quick shift?) or are the standard items the best option for me?
Rhino

7th Aug 04 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im running a full system and de-cat, filter and Dbilas inlet.

My gearbox and clutch seem to be holding up ok.
Rileysport

7th Aug 04 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless you get a daft torque figure (unlikely) gearbox shud be ok... clutch, have a look at a black diamond or sachs jobby
James R

8th Aug 04 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm running 140bhp out of a 1.4 16v on a std clutch and gearbox, I've had no problems with either, don't waist your money, you could put a bigger final drive in the gearbox to increase acceleration, but this will reduce your theoretical top speed, and make motorway crusing a nightmare, I do 4k@80mph, not good for fuel econ.
miles

8th Aug 04 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a standard F15 and standard (new) clutch on my 142 lb/ft 1.6. No problem. I was fairly agressive with it as well.

I'd rather have a new standard clutch than a remade 'performance' clutch like a black diamond.
ianofbhills

8th Aug 04 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i managed to fry a standard clutch on my not quite as powereful as miles' car however it did put up quite a good fight and lasted longer then i thought it would.

In the end i got a helix heavy duty clutch kit from sbd and you would never need anything more then that unless you had a turbo and were kicking out monster torque.

gearbox wise the f-15 is more than adequate for road use, i have a quaife kit in mine but that was more for revised gear ratio's then increased strenth.

[Edited on 08-08-2004 by ianofbhills]
miles

9th Aug 04 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did 12k on my standard new autovaux clutch and it was fine, could have died soon though I guess....
Kris TD

9th Aug 04 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive done 149k on my standard clutch and its running 132 ib/ft torque. and it still doesnt slip!!!

New Poll