corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Filter Opinion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Filter Opinion
DAN220486

User status: Offline
30th Jul 04 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jus looked on demon tweeks. found the pipercross vector induction kit for my car (C 1.2 16v SXi) is this a good kit for the money? not lookin at spendin mass amounts on induction as its only a small engined car. But this seems to have it all, inc heatshiled. for around £84.

Have a look, or if u could suggest cheaper places for this or alternative kits?

DAN220486

30th Jul 04 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and the link lol ...http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/catalogue/product_detail.asp?CLS=ROAD&TLGRP=R010&CODE=P_CPK&PGRP=RP085&GRP=RP085&PCODE=P/CPK023V
Joff

30th Jul 04 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A great alternative would have been the PVD BFO cone - 80 notes and sounded sweet.

Give Demon Tweeks a call to check on the contents of the kit - I'm not sure if the one for the C (PK191 or PK191V) has a heat shield...
vibrio
Banned

30th Jul 04 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

phone larkspeed. tweeks are rip off merchants
Joff

30th Jul 04 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DAN220486
and the link lol ...http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/catalogue/product_detail.asp?CLS=ROAD&TLGRP=R010&CODE=P_CPK&PGRP=RP085&GRP=RP085&PCODE=P/CPK023V

I think they've just used a generic image for that product, which will just annoy you more when you receive it and there's no heat shield!
For a tenner less, go for the flat top Pipercross filter - doesn't look as good visually (no Vector tip) but it's still the same great filter

vibrio
Banned

30th Jul 04 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
quote:

I think they've just used a generic image for that product, which will just annoy you more when you receive it and there's no heat shield!
For a tenner less, go for the flat top Pipercross filter - doesn't look as good visually (no Vector tip) but it's still the same great filter

and it saves you £10
Joff

30th Jul 04 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
quote:

and it saves you £10

Go on just repeat what I've already said.
vibrio
Banned

30th Jul 04 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
quote:

and it saves you £10

Go on just repeat what I've already said.

no you repeat what I have just said
DAN220486

30th Jul 04 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys, if those filters dnt come with the heat shield i could jus go for the BFO cone. how would i go about making a heat shield for that tho. Or is it a case of becasue they do one for my model car its designed and positioned so it doesnt suck in loads of hot air?
DAN220486

30th Jul 04 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how about this, it says a 1.2 16v Ecotec but 1998 onwards, my engine is an ecotec so this shud run, right? http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?c=QUIKSHFTIND&p=12427&a=i
Joff

30th Jul 04 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure where you'd get the BFO cone from any more tbh.

Only a couple of the filters actually come with a heat shield - on cars where it really is a problem.

A cold air feed or two and a standard sized cone will be more than ample on the Corsa C. You could go for something a bit more interesting like the Viper but you'll end up spending three times as much.
Joff

30th Jul 04 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
how about this, it says a 1.2 16v Ecotec but 1998 onwards, my engine is an ecotec so this shud run, right? http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?c=QUIKSHFTIND&p=12427&a=i

I thought you were after a DECENT filter?

DAN220486

30th Jul 04 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it quickshift aint all that then?
Joff

30th Jul 04 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never liked them before, but I love Pipercross more now
broster
Premium Member

30th Jul 04 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whys that joff?
Pablo

30th Jul 04 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Job

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Filter Opinion 22 database queries in 0.0081019 seconds