corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » front brakes squeeeling like mad..... do i need to copper grease them....?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author front brakes squeeeling like mad..... do i need to copper grease them....?
5doormodder

User status: Offline
28th Jul 04 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If so how do i go about doing it?
CorsAsh

28th Jul 04 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just grit in between disc and pad. If there plenty of meat on the pads just ignore it, go out and brake hard a few times when its safe. If theyre a bit thin then put new ones one.

For christs sake don't put grease on your discs
Mistamist

28th Jul 04 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take off wheel,
remove the two caps that cover the two caliper retaining bolts. remove the caliper. take out the pads. brush all the caliper components. check the thickness of the pads, if less than 4 mm i recommend getting a new set. smeer some copper grease on the points where the back of the pads touches the caliper. push the piston back so the caliper can go back on (if using new pads). put the retaining bolts back in. and tighten up to the correct torque setting. put the caps back on. and spray with some brake cleaner to make sure any oil/dirt/grease is off the disk.

jobs sorted
AdamF
Premium Member

28th Jul 04 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

while the pads are out lay some 60 grit sand paper on a flat surface and rub the pad along it untill the glaze on the pad has gone, then continue with the above.

the sqeaking is due to the shit materials they use as there not allowed to use asbestos anymore
Mistamist

28th Jul 04 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or just rub the pads together.

New Poll