corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Camera problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Camera problem
mattyboy199

User status: Offline
   18th Jul 04 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to a car show today & the cameras LCD screen buggered up

I did nt drop it or change any options all the display shows is white & in a dark room you can jus about make outs objects etc

Anyone else had this problem its a SONY cybershot camera ?

What could it be
LScorsa

18th Jul 04 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a sony, only thing i can think of is have u got the setting to the lighting effects set too high? its the EV setting.
What model is it?
wst

18th Jul 04 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A good way to test if camera screen is duff is.....

One can you still read the menu info display on the screen? if so then go into the setup menu and reset the camera.
The reset will NOT loose any photos, but will loose anything that has been set ie, date, time.
The camera will then be put back as first purchased and hopefully if all ok then your screen will be back to normal.

If screen still the same then try again but with new batteries or recharge em an try again.

If still same then yes camera is duff and needs sony to look at it or if still under year old back to shop where purchased from.

Good luck, but the reset is very easy to do.
mattyboy199

18th Jul 04 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its model DSC-P8 i have reset it & no luck not much i can do, i bought it in america to.
Go3asy

18th Jul 04 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so can u still see the camera menu ok on the screen?
mattyboy199

18th Jul 04 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well no its like the screen has a contrast problem even when i ve reset it no change don t understand it 1 minute it was fine next minute fcuked
mattyboy199

19th Jul 04 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HELP
mattyboy199

19th Jul 04 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely someone on here has had their camera repaired.
fragpot

20th Jul 04 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work in a camera shop, never seen that on a cybershot before but i've seen it on a few cameras before. You can sometimes fix it by bashing the camera gently. If not take it to a sony center if its still under warranty and they will repair it for you. If its not under warranty then it would cost more to get it fixed than it would to get a new camera. Try hooking it up to your TV to see if a picture appears as normal on TV. If it does then its definatly LCD whitewash. I can give you an insurance quote to repair/replace if you want to claim it off your home insurance.
mattyboy199

20th Jul 04 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It takes photos perfectly jus a buggered screen, i bought it in america which is outside the normal uk spec european warranty.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Camera problem 22 database queries in 0.0127599 seconds