corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » computer people please help...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author computer people please help...
CorsaLad

User status: Offline
13th Jul 04 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi,

i have a bit of a problem....I seem to have spyware and/or a virus installed on my home pc. It is quite old and I have both a virus checker and adware (anti-spyware) software installed.

To solve this problem I was thinking of formatting my hard drive (this si split into both C drive and D drive). Would this solve my problem?

If it would could someone please give me some instructions to do it.

Sorry the post is so long.

Cheers,

James
Dan B

13th Jul 04 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say try cleaning the machine first...

Spyware: go to http://download.com and do a search for a program called SpyBot Search 'N' Destroy......install that, do a full check, and have it remove anything dodgy it finds.

Anti-Virus: make sure yours is FULLY up to date, with the latest virus-definitions; if you want a free AV program (if yours isn't update-able), then have a look at AVG (http://www.grisoft.com).

If you still have no joy, and want to format, then the easiest way is going to be to reboot your machine with the Windows CD in the drive (after changing your boot-options to CD first)......this should detect the CD, and give you the option to install Windows (which should, if it's 2000 or XP, give you the option to format as part of the process).
t407jaw

13th Jul 04 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

goto symantec www.symantec.com and search for the virus the site should be able to tell you how to remove it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » computer people please help... 22 database queries in 0.0082190 seconds