corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pulled for speeding: 59 in a 30

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pulled for speeding: 59 in a 30
Joff

User status: Offline
13th Jul 04 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave17

joff - really need to say that? not that it bothers me because ive prepared myself for the worst.

You posted on a public forum, you should expect all manner of reply.
nik

13th Jul 04 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

nik: im sure u dont drive an EVO to drive @ 30mph

Erm in a 30 limit yes I do
GIBBS

13th Jul 04 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where was this dave? so i know to be carefull on that bit of road...
dave17

13th Jul 04 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsaandy - omg, small world! yeh i saw u pulling out of hte petrol station when i went past!! girlfriend lives in addiscombe so i do that route everynight, haven seen them there before! saw u drive up an down a few times actually aswel!

jus got my MOT sorted, came to £150, new tyre, wiper blades and sidelight bulbs, also adjusted my clutch for mte too

gona go bromley police station later to show documents etc.

nik - ok, il take ur word 4 it

joff - im not gettin in2 a dispute with you
dave17

13th Jul 04 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GIBBS -

corsaandy

13th Jul 04 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i thought it was a very small world when i saw you post up about it but i have seen them there at least 3 times this week and so has my mate so i just go 30 along there all the time there not worth the risk thing is its such an easy target for the police there they are guaranteed to catch someone speeding, its was alright for us cos we spotted them far off cos they pulled you over
Mad Moe

13th Jul 04 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be very surprised if you get away with 3 points mate, more likely 6 and a hefty fine.
dave17

13th Jul 04 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wel im not predicting anything, jus prepare for the worst, if i get off lightly then bonus, but im not expecting anything!
GIBBS

13th Jul 04 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh i know the road you mean, my mate lives just near there, i always take it easy in and around croydon though loadsa camera's and mobile camera's around! cheers mate
dave17

13th Jul 04 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no problem, dont want any other fookers gettin done!!
langey

13th Jul 04 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
Shit mate, sorry to hear it! But 59 in a 30 with no MOT, you will need a good solicitor

you'll need a fit lady solicitor to fuck the judge to get you off without a ban.

least now you know your gonna be banned so you can just speed everywere coz it wont matter
Makarus

13th Jul 04 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may get away with it mate.

I got caught doing 45 in a 30 by an un-marked car. They over took 2 cars to get to me, and I was behind 3 cars and we were all doing the same speed.

Gave me a bit of a bollocking and just told me to wait to see if it goes to court or owt. Didnt have the security of 12 points as I am still in my first year of driving. Nothing came of it though.

I very much doubt they will ban you because you have to be doing double the speed limit for it to be automatic and then taking into consideration the time and depending what the coppers say as to wether they thought you were driving dangerously or not.

Just sit it out mate and be patient.

One time I got pulled for my exhaust being too big (wtf?!?!?) and when I was stood at the side of the road a Scooby and Evo went flying past easily doing 80 I would say, coppers just weren't bothered so ranted at them about it, still didnt give a fuck. Double standards.
langey

13th Jul 04 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well; whats the point in them going chasing after fast cars with big engines, when they aint evan in there carsthey'd have to leave u, get in there cars then chase, the scooby and evo would have been well gone, same with dave17, the poilce wouldnt have caught the bmw's.

nickyboy01

13th Jul 04 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fact that you didnt get a fixed penalty there and then and the guy saying you'll have to wait for a summons means one thing, BAN. Prolly only be for a couple of weeks or maybe a month tops, 6 point almost for sure and a good few hundred fine.

We all speed at sometime the unlucky ones get caught
langey

13th Jul 04 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nickyboy01
The fact that you didnt get a fixed penalty there and then and the guy saying you'll have to wait for a summons means one thing, BAN. Prolly only be for a couple of weeks or maybe a month tops, 6 point almost for sure and a good few hundred fine.

We all speed at sometime the unlucky ones get caught

yea thats true, everyone speeds, and evan i do 60 in a 30, just unlucky u were there to get caught
KPGrimmy

13th Jul 04 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
happened about 1am this morning. driving home from gf's house, normal route, no1 in sight. theres a stretch of road, about 300m long? 3 lanes, roundabouts each end. driving up there, next thing i know, police jump out of a bush infront of the car flapping their arms about!! pulled me over, knew i was fooked too. told me my speed, why i was doing it etc etc. said that i gota report to the police station within 7 days with al my documentation etc. then within 6months i will recieve a court summons for my penalty.

thing is, he kept sayin 'u were doing double the speed limit' got kinda pissed off because i wasnt, i was doing 59 he said fair enough u weren. then kept sayin it

luckily ive been driving around 25/26 months now so i amble to rack up 12points

but i am expecting the worst, most likely a ban but theres nothin i can do, down the the judge on the say eh! gona speak 2 my solicitor later 2day 2 wot we can do aswel. and i know some1 high up in the police force whos a close family friend

jus a bit shite really, i know i was in the wrong so no 'deserves u right u twat' etc!!!

funny thing is, i had 2 illegal front tyres and he didnt check them?! BUT to add insult to injury, jus checked my MOT and its expired, so i need that sorted b4 i go 2 the police station!!

jus a bit sad really, because if i do get banned, i wont be able to afford the car anymore

ah wel, wel just see i spose!!

So do I take it from what you have said above, that they have to issue you with a court summons, within 6 months after the incident ? Or can it be any length of time after the incident ?
dave17

13th Jul 04 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jus been to the police station, said nothin about the MOT dated today

spoke 2 the man, he said i should get 6-9 points realistically. if id been doing 1 mph more itd b an immediate ban!

gota wait now for a court summons where i wil have 2 attend court to plead guilty or not guilty. then i will recieve another date where i have to attend court to get my penalty.

wel c wot happens eh, il keep u updated
Andrew

13th Jul 04 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Opps... Sorry dude
GY52

13th Jul 04 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please someone on this forum put their hand on their heart and say theyve never strayed above the limit. No1 can otherwise u wud be cruisin in a Lada!!! Is it really necessary to do someone at that time of night doing that speed on a road that is not brimming with danger??? Seriously i agree with punishing people who break the law but come on use some descretion - then again that doesn't bring in the revenue!!!
P.S - FACT SPEEDERS CAUGHT SINCE 1994 = UP 10 TIMES BUT ROAD DEATHS INCREASED LAST YEAR TOO. DO THEY REALLY SAVE LIVES???????????????
Ally

13th Jul 04 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, yes they do.
Ally

13th Jul 04 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GY52
P.S - FACT SPEEDERS CAUGHT SINCE 1994 = UP 10 TIMES BUT ROAD DEATHS INCREASED LAST YEAR TOO. DO THEY REALLY SAVE LIVES???????????????

Thats because there are more cars on the road, and not enough cameras or coppers to catch u fuckers that speed.
Andrew

13th Jul 04 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those of you who say they do not speed are talking out of your arse. I was even speeding on my driving test and passed.
Ally

13th Jul 04 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive never speeded because im learning to drive. Ha ha ha. Enough of that now thank you.

I guarentee most ppl on here speed, just the stupid ones get caught.

Sorry paul sorry no offence just my opinion
Joff

13th Jul 04 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Please someone on this forum put their hand on their heart and say theyve never strayed above the limit. No1 can otherwise u wud be cruisin in a Lada!!! Is it really necessary to do someone at that time of night doing that speed on a road that is not brimming with danger??? Seriously i agree with punishing people who break the law but come on use some descretion - then again that doesn't bring in the revenue!!!

No-one's saying that they've never broken the speed limit, but if I was caught doing nearly double the limit and they posted on here about it I'd expect to be laughed at.

Speed cameras make people more aware of limits in small villages, outside schools and at busy junctions, but most of the time they're on open roads with no obvious reason for their placement. You should see the faces of drivers behind me when I anchor on at the last minute before a speed camera I've love brakes...
ed

13th Jul 04 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Were not really talking about doing 35 mph in a 30 zone though. Nearly doubling the speed limit is a pretty serious offence, no matter what time or what sort of road. I'm not one to talk though, but I have learned my lesson.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pulled for speeding: 59 in a 30 22 database queries in 0.2018530 seconds