corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Smooth boot and big ICE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Smooth boot and big ICE
Tony

User status: Offline
6th Jul 04 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys.

I've got ideas on smoothing the boot panel. I'm all the way from South Africa and guys here aren't really clued up with Corsas. I've got 2 12" Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2s that are capable of producing 154.0 dBs! The car shakes like mad and the boot moves like crazy! Won't the boot crack if I have it smoothed?? I battle with the boot lock sometimes. The lock has a spring inside which helps in opening the boot. This spring breaks and I end up having to buy a new lock. I can leave the lock like that, but then it opens difficult. Any guys with similar problems??
corsa_godfather

6th Jul 04 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can buy a smooth boot panel.requires little smoothing and has the same efect
L330wnz

7th Jul 04 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ this is correct ^^ try sound deadening ya boot too!!
Dan
Premium Member

7th Jul 04 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i have 2 15in pushing out 2500wrms...and they hgavent managed 2 crack mine yet...just make sure it is welded up well and only a fine layer of filler...will be fine

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
drunkenfool

8th Jul 04 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

154 db?! I got 2400w RMS going in mine, and was thinking about getting a smooth boot. Wasnt sure if it was a good idea cos i wanted to know the answer to this question too, but now i will. (When i got some money! )
combatvauxhall

8th Jul 04 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as the boot isnt covered in filler you shouldnt have a problem. A small skim should be able to take some vibration!

You could buy the smooth panel replacement.
corb

8th Jul 04 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine never cracked
Tony

8th Jul 04 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's pics of the car. The car looks different by the headlights from these pics. These pics were taken a while back. My car now has a bad boy bonnet instead of the eyelids.

The ICE section - 2 x 12" RF Punch HX2 Subs in ported enclosure running off a RF bd1501 monobloc amp.

The console section - showing the RF 9220G MP3 head unit, Momo steering wheel, white dials and aluminium goodies. Note the Punch Bass Controller where I decide how much bass juice I want by turning the knob.

The brake conversion at the rear. Astra GSi discs and calipers as well as 40mm Koenic lowering springs. 17" TSW Evo-Rs. Wish I could lower the car 60mm but the wheels are ET40 and that means scrapping my wheels. I really like my wheels. Can't find TSWs with bigger offsets.

The Corsa's front - SGM Zender front spoiler moulded onto GSi spoiler, and a Raceline bonnet with vents. The bonnet has just been modifed to with the bad boy look - not in pic.

The pic that proves my dB reading!

New Poll