corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speakers in rear Corsa door in 3-door model?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speakers in rear Corsa door in 3-door model?
Sparvar

User status: Offline
29th Jun 04 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright everyone,

I've tried to have a look but can't find anything on the forum. I have just taken my sub out of my car as I am leaving it parked in pretty bad areas and don't want it nicked, problem is the stereo has 0 bass and sounds sh*t. I need to add a bit more bass, the corsa is a '95 model, 3-door and there's only 2 speakers in the front doors and I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to stick speakers in the rear side panels (where the doors would be if it's a 5-door model). I am aiming to fit 6x9s but I doubt the mounting depth will be enough.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Cheers for any help!

Sparvar
Go3asy

29th Jun 04 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for a start dont fit 6x9s they are shite, and they are not made to produce any bass
N90ATH

29th Jun 04 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i disagree, i have some infitiy refrence 6x9's attached to an amp and a alpine headunit and it compeetes with a mate with 2 10inch subs running at 500watt each
Go3asy

29th Jun 04 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly i have infinity 9603i 6x9s in my rear along with a SUB, all 6x9s are shite really, they are only designed to work wit a sub for a start which he is not using, they only produce high freq
Dom

29th Jun 04 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Go3asy
exactly i have infinity 9603i 6x9s in my rear along with a SUB, all 6x9s are shite really, they are only designed to work wit a sub for a start which he is not using, they only produce high freq

you dont happen to work at halfords by anychance?

6x9s are a poor mans sub, simple as. And there NOT to be used with a sub, unless you want a shite SQ system...and the only way to get 6x9s to work with a sub properly is to put them in a sealed box and/or wack a crossover on the things cutting the freqs in the sub range, to stop "mudding".

Anyways back to the topic. you can fit 6x9s in the rear cards, but it does mean having to build a pod for the rear cards (flamingcorsa has them in his). Best bet though is to pop some 5" comps or coxials in the rear cards and make sure the mounting depth is really shallow (dont know what it is, but from looking at the rear cards i cant say it more than 40-50mm MAX). Then get them amped and try that for size

When putting the sub back in, drop the speakers in the rear a few notches (via the gain on the amp, if amp'ed) and use any crossover features on the HU or amp to freqs for the back speakers in the sub range

Dom
Sparvar

29th Jun 04 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember years ago you could get these small subs and stick them under the passenger seat, I need more bass asap! I have taken the parcel shelf off, why can't c**ts just get jobs instead of breaking into our cars?
Dom

30th Jun 04 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get small subs, 6-8" size, JL and a few others do them at around 100 quid a pop. And placing them in sealed boxes under the seats would be a pretty good idea...although i dont know how efficent they will be or what they will sound like but two of those will do sometihng mate

New Poll