corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » is it possible

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is it possible
chillout

User status: Offline
24th Jun 04 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to fit another set of dials out of a different car? im only askin this due to making a full new dash with loads of extra bits and was wonderin wheather i wud be possible?
Ditch

24th Jun 04 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anything is possible in the modding world with the right amounts of time and money
Corsa E-Tec

24th Jun 04 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it could be done depending on if it were cable driven or eleccy an d would suspect that some sort of modification would be needed especially if it were a different make. i.e ford,fiat etc.
chillout

24th Jun 04 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have plans to work on it all summer and probs the rest of this yeah, as i want i perfect so probs lloking to early next year b4 i fit it, so yes alot of time and money will be spent on this dash as i want it to be different and stand out but then again i want it to be perfect and all working
chillout

24th Jun 04 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im am looking to the new focus rs dials, the ones that chage colour in the dark
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
24th Jun 04 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes - most electronic speedos work in exactly the same way, pulses from a sensor in the gearbox. Rev counter you car wire up to coil or ECU, dash lights are the same whatever car. You'd need to be fairly handy with electronics to sort matching it all up though, and there's the issue of the pulse speeds being different, I'm sure you can get boxes to do this like you would on imports to convert kmh to mph. If this is done using electronics alone then adjustment and calibration is very easy.
chillout

24th Jun 04 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for ur help ian just need to decide on which dials now
Ryan L

24th Jun 04 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not go for something classy, like those in an RX-8

chillout

24th Jun 04 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does any1 know the sort of price diff dials go at? looking for sumfing classy but dnt want to spend ova the top if u get wot i mean

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » is it possible 23 database queries in 0.0127139 seconds