corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » well paid jobs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author well paid jobs
koolkorsa

User status: Offline
16th Jun 04 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite need a job now its the summer b4 i start uni. Don't care what i do or how hard it is. Just want the most £/hr. What jobs pay u more than £5 an hour.
Nismo

16th Jun 04 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hear Mcdonalds are quite good ,

sigibbons

16th Jun 04 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With carrer prospects!
psycho sport

16th Jun 04 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

labouring on a building site.
koolkorsa

16th Jun 04 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't care about career prospects, just a job for a couple of months in the summer. My mates an alarms technician he said dont do labouring whatever cos you just get bullied the fuck out of.
ed

16th Jun 04 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Work in John Lewis or Waitrose... You can start there on a Saturday or whatever, and if you really want to you can become a manger on thier graduate cheme after uni... They pay me £5.50 an hour and you get a 11% bonus of ur wage every March...
liamC

16th Jun 04 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by koolkorsa
rite need a job now its the summer b4 i start uni. Don't care what i do or how hard it is. Just want the most £/hr. What jobs pay u more than £5 an hour.

Matey, if youve got good typing skills and dont mind a bit of boring work try and find out about your local Inland Revenue.

Ive just got a job with them just over the summer til September. Its canny boring as its just Data Entry, fillin in peoples tax return data and stuff, but pay stars on £4.50, and depending on how fast you can type, goes up to £6.60.

Theyre doing FT or PT as well so you could be in luck if you fancy it. If youre no good with a keyboard though dont bother! Just started my training today and had to do 5 hours keyboard training with stickers over the numbers and letters! Im not looking at the keyboard now like so thats one thing ive got out of it!!

If your a student it means no tax either. I should make at least 2500 by September.

[Edited on 16-06-2004 by liam_nufc]
koolkorsa

16th Jun 04 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer massive inland rev offices near me. Might give them a go, i'm pretty quick on the keyboard and don't look at the letters either. How fast do you have to be for £6.60 an hour, is that stupidly fast or what?
liamC

16th Jun 04 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yer massive inland rev offices near me. Might give them a go, i'm pretty quick on the keyboard and don't look at the letters either. How fast do you have to be for £6.60 an hour, is that stupidly fast or what?

Aye proper stupidly fast to be honest like. Im doing about 5000words an hour on average and am on I think its 4.70 at the minute, but was told that it'll go up and up as I go on. £6.60 you need to average 20,000words an hour!!!!

Its easy money like, and can bring walkmans and stuff in to keep you occupied. Will do me til September!
koolkorsa

16th Jun 04 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you type up? Data or letters etc.?
Dom

16th Jun 04 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

its a mixture mate...ive had to do my dads accounts and watched him do it...aint very interesting and you get bored after a while...but i suppose its alright pay if can type extremely fast

Personally, i would rather work in Tk maxx or sainbury's....most of the people i know are on 5quid from when they started...and although its boring, its pretty well paid for a PT job
koolkorsa

16th Jun 04 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nowhere pay much better than a fiver then?
liamC

16th Jun 04 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Aye, just data, peoples surname & initial, national insurance number, then how much theyve earned etc and what dates theyve worked. Simple.
Stuckey

16th Jun 04 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if ya got a car license become a delivery driver for any company

sainsburys r gay dont work for them somer field or morriosns r better

sign up at your local job agency and they will find you some work, dont go to one tho sign up at all of em
Dom

16th Jun 04 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
nowhere pay much better than a fiver then?

if you know your computer shite and know alot about broadband etc etc then apply for technical support in a ISP near you. I did that two summers ago and it was the sweetest 6 weeks of my life had to do trainer for 3 weeks, whilst still getting paid 5.50hr for. Then for the rest of the time i just sat and answered a load of emails. Didnt really have to go on the phones because i wasnt staying there long came out with about 1400 quid
Dan B

16th Jun 04 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liam_nufc
quote:

Aye proper stupidly fast to be honest like. Im doing about 5000words an hour on average and am on I think its 4.70 at the minute, but was told that it'll go up and up as I go on. £6.60 you need to average 20,000words an hour!!!!

Its easy money like, and can bring walkmans and stuff in to keep you occupied. Will do me til September!

Errm, 20,000 words per hour is the equivalent of 333wpm......the world-record is currently 212wpm, held by some American woman (Barbara Blackburn); and that was only peak speed. Highest "maintained" speed with a QWERTY keyboard was 150wpm, or 170wpm with a DVORAK keyboard.

Even 5,000wph is 83wpm, which is bloody impressive. I was told my test-results a few years ago of 72wpm (1% error rate) was one of the highest the test-centre had seen (it was only an temping-agency test-centre, though, so I didn't read too much into that).
Dan B

16th Jun 04 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And, before anyone asks, the DVORAK keyboard looks like this:

It's apparently faster, because the QWERTY keyboard is *DESIGNED* to slow people down......it was designed when mechanical typewriters were used, so someone who typed too quickly would end up tangling the mechanical arms of the keys together.
liamC

16th Jun 04 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, Im rather quick on the keyboard.

I didnt think many people would average 20,000 words an hour...and Id be wanting more than £6.60 at that rate!
Kris TD

16th Jun 04 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go to a pharmaceutical company, i used too work for glaxo smith kline, doing shitty 12 hours shifts, days, nights, weekends the lot, but was on £12.57 an hour.
that was on a production line.
J da Silva

16th Jun 04 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fireprotection game is a good prospect, can earn over 700 quid a week on pricework easy if you get good at it
Dan B

16th Jun 04 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liam_nufc
Yes, Im rather quick on the keyboard.

I didnt think many people would average 20,000 words an hour...and Id be wanting more than £6.60 at that rate!

I'd be wanting £6.60 a minute, if I could maintain 20,000 words per hour......oh, and a fire extinguisher to put the keyboard out! Considering the world record stands at 9,000 words per hour, maintained for 50 minutes.
AndyW

16th Jun 04 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

labouring mate!!

im bout to start demolition money is great! 100pound a day etc!
Paul_J

16th Jun 04 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to be able to type fast considering the amount of essays I write

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » well paid jobs 22 database queries in 0.1815159 seconds