corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Airbag info needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Airbag info needed
SunnyGTI-R

User status: Offline
11th Jun 04 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys,
I've just a bought a 2002 corsa for the mrs, which has had a bang at the front and blew the drivers airbag. Do you have to get the whole steering wheel or does the airbag separate in order to put a new one in?
Are the steering wheels the same for all corsas, ie. would an older model corsa one fit?
Any help appreciated
Cheers,
Ron.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jun 04 at 01:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheel and bag are two different items, not sure on fitting an older one, you'd need something fairly old anyway and newer stuff is not that rare, eBay regularly has such things.
blundey

12th Jun 04 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm, i had a crash in my old car corsa c.....it costs ALOT of money for vauxhaul to replace the airbags...and steering wheel and i wouldnt really recommend doing it urself...as there are explosives involved and a lot of wiring up which could void and personal injury claim u could make if u were to crash again. Insurance may not like it either.
Paul H

12th Jun 04 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need a bag from 2001 onwards all the corsa c airbags are the same.second the ecu on the c records if the airbags have been activated so you would need them to reset the ecu and the airbag lights for you.
corsa3.0v6

12th Jun 04 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its good practice to replace the control unit & the air bag wiring harness
SunnyGTI-R

12th Jun 04 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys, won't be fitting myself just needed to know what parts to find.
Ron.

New Poll