corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Posting some progress pics....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Posting some progress pics....
Jgrant1285

User status: Offline
9th Jun 04 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm posting some progress pics, because as you know progression on the car which you have been waiting for since February (in my case) is taking soooooo long, i might aswell post up some pics to pass a lil' time. Is it only me or is there always something else which stops play when you think your not far from being done? Argh!!

I'll go take some pictures and post 'em up soon. Chow for now....
waynep

9th Jun 04 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

posty posty
Matt H

9th Jun 04 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot work is it having done?
Jgrant1285

9th Jun 04 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i bought the car damaged......the only thing it had done was the wheels where on it, but i have had them refurbished, and it had the rear arches smoothed. I'm not sure wether this is a standard vaux colour or not, it looks a brighter shade to normal silver SXI's...I'll upload them now....
Jgrant1285

9th Jun 04 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By the way, how do i make the pictures so that they are not huge, and that you have to scroll across the whole page to see the other half of the pic??? Help....
James@CCC

9th Jun 04 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

write [img=600x800] then address [img]

the 600x800 bit will depend on the resolution they are at at the moment tho, and also how small you want to make them
Jgrant1285

9th Jun 04 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is how it was when i bought it from the auction:

Then i bought this bumper off ebay, but i didnt like it would have looked too plain:

So i bought this from Fast forward motorsport:

but as you can see on the above pic, the gaps around the headlamps are all fucked up. My dad then noticed that there was a mark on the sill, which looked to be from a dozer or some kind of jig.
My dad then spent ages stripping the car, and measuring both sides, all angles etc, and found out that it needed jigging.
My dad sent it into his mate who has done alot of cars for my dad, he told us that the front was twisted, and the people who had it in the jig must have pulled it the wrong way. He then straightened it and gave it us back.
Still the bumper had gaps around the bottom of the headlamps and me being a fussy sod, wasn't happy, mind you i know knowbody else would be happy with a gap which you could shove your thumb in and STILL have space. So my dad said that he could build the gaps up with fibreglass & filler etc. So he is in the middle of doing that:

Lucky my dads good with fibreglass and filler etc....

i have more pics to upload, but where i have been uploading them won't let me upload n e more. Where do you upload your pics? thanks...

[Edited on 09-06-2004 by Jgrant1285]
PaulW

9th Jun 04 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jgrant1285
This is how it was when i bought it from the auction:

Then i bought this bumper off ebay, but i didnt like it would have looked too plain:

So i bought this from Fast forward motorsport:

but as you can see on the above pic, the gaps around the headlamps are all fucked up. My dad then noticed that there was a mark on the sill, which looked to be from a dozer or some kind of jig.
My dad then spent ages stripping the car, and measuring both sides, all angles etc, and found out that it needed jigging.
My dad sent it into his mate who has done alot of cars for my dad, he told us that the front was twisted, and the people who had it in the jig must have pulled it the wrong way. He then straightened it and gave it us back.
Still the bumper had gaps around the bottom of the headlamps and me being a fussy sod, wasn't happy, mind you i know knowbody else would be happy with a gap which you could shove your thumb in and STILL have space. So my dad said that he could build the gaps up with fibreglass & filler etc. So he is in the middle of doing that:

Lucky my dads good with fibreglass and filler etc....

i have more pics to upload, but where i have been uploading them won't let me upload n e more. Where do you upload your pics? thanks...

pics sorted...

[Edited on 09-06-2004 by PaulW]
James_DT

9th Jun 04 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try 800x600, and not 600x800.
Jgrant1285

9th Jun 04 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

argh my foto's have just fucked up....
Jgrant1285

9th Jun 04 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what ya'll think, here are some more pictures:

MattyB

9th Jun 04 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How have the rear arches been smoothed? Or was it done b4 u got the car?
Jgrant1285

9th Jun 04 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
How have the rear arches been smoothed? Or was it done b4 u got the car?

They were already done when i bought it, but under the arches its all smooted with fibreglass and its solid all the way round, sounds dense n doesn't echo so it seems aight
Jgrant1285

9th Jun 04 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i started to make a build for my screen. i started to use v.thin wood then fibreglassed it into shape. its not purfect but its my first time at makin shit like this, apart from a boot floor and speaker mounts. What ya'll think, it'll come good with a bit of filler to touch it up etc..

I have some ummm i thinks it autoleads black carpet from halfords which i will cover with. what ya think?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Posting some progress pics.... 22 database queries in 0.0145199 seconds