corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » de-charging a power cap (advice needed asap !!)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author de-charging a power cap (advice needed asap !!)
Mase
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Jun 04 at 09:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm gonna be takin my mates install out later. The only thing i need advice on is de-charging the powercap, so i can disconnect all the cables an that. Do i just unhook the power from the battery an run the system till the power cap looses charge, or is there a special way to do it.

Cheers ppl !!!!

Mase
tiptoptim

7th Jun 04 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When he bought the power cap he should have got a part, which you can use to decharge the power cap quickly and safely.
DLM_Corsa

7th Jun 04 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it off put it on the side dont whatever ya do bridge the contacts and itll discharge slowly on its own
nick_bmth

7th Jun 04 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like you said, disconnect the power from your battery then run your system to drain it. I wouldn't like to have a charged cap sat around my house.

New Poll