corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » HAD A GOOD RACE WITH A

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HAD A GOOD RACE WITH A
big eck

User status: Offline
30th May 04 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honda Civic today, was on the motorway goin home when this sierra xr 4x4 went booting it past with the civic close behind and thought "why not" and decided to join in, eventually caught up as they had to slow down for some traffic then there was a clear road ahead for all 3 of us and we booted it, the sierra pulled in straight away and me and the civic just soared past then the civic pulled in and I soared past him, looked at the speedo and was touching 130 glanced in the mirror only to see the civic right up my ass, he got along side and I just planted my foot to the floor and edged in front, only just though, I was very impressed as it was the 1.8 vtech model, it was a better race than the Type R that I raced against. It was'nt the usual civic though, was low, big zorst and had a nice set of wheels, also it was the longer one not the short hatchback version.
nik

30th May 04 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you done to your engine?
big eck

30th May 04 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its standard nik, as far as I know anyways, just the usual piper X, 4 branch manifold straight through exhaust.
corsa_godfather

30th May 04 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and just at that i under took u eck at 140mph u know it son
nik

30th May 04 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Its standard nik, as far as I know anyways, just the usual piper X, 4 branch manifold straight through exhaust.

2.0? would have thought a ctr shouldn't be losing to a valver?
big eck

30th May 04 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ctr isnt that fast tbh, well they are fast but not as fast as I thought for nearly 200 bhp, from a standing start its even stevens all the way up to the top end where he has the advantage over me, just. This one only had the 1.8 engine and seemed quicker
nik

30th May 04 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

0-100 in 16.9 is fairly quick! bearing in mind a 106 gti (which isnt slow) is around 21 secs. Guess a lot depends on driver, conditions etc don't doubt the corsa would be nippy though :d
Tim
Site Administrator

30th May 04 at 23:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it's more to do with the drivers... think some people don't rev them enough. I've beaten a CTR, and been beaten...
corsa_godfather

30th May 04 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and u have a 5-door
big eck

30th May 04 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
0-100 in 16.9 is fairly quick! bearing in mind a 106 gti (which isnt slow) is around 21 secs. Guess a lot depends on driver, conditions etc don't doubt the corsa would be nippy though :d

That is quite quick but for nearly 200bhp you have thought it be quicker, as for the 106 gti, the number of times i've embarrased those is laughable I never race them anymore as most of them in falkirk (my home town) know what i've got under the bonnet and dont even try but on a twisty road they come into there own. I've seen a few Type r's on the 1/4 mile and the quickest time i've seen is just under 16 secs, like you said it must be the driver.

[Edited on 30-05-2004 by big eck]
Tim
Site Administrator

30th May 04 at 23:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_godfather
and u have a 5-door

Your point?
big eck

30th May 04 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_godfather
and just at that i under took u eck at 140mph u know it son

You wish bobby boy
AK

31st May 04 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only been beaten by 1 CTR.... RR'd at 220bhp..

we raced from 30 to 130...

i was 2 up, he was just himself..... i pulled away up to 80'sh... he started to loose me above 100

every other CTR i have raced (85k saved from fat bass pasgr lost) has been whoooped

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » HAD A GOOD RACE WITH A 22 database queries in 0.0121229 seconds