corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Not long since got back from the vets...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Not long since got back from the vets...
PaulW

User status: Offline
   30th May 04 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tux was rushed in before by my mum & dad at half 11 tonight, as he was covered in blood & breathing badly - vet isnt sure if he was either hit by a car or kicked in the head... he's in overnight & there going to do more checks on him tomorrow, he's got a nasty gash to his jaw, could also be broken , his paws are also scraped & he is breathing bad, they think its just blood he swallowed & has gone on his lungs, I hated it when I saw him, well upset me - I was round my friends at the time, never ran so quick in all my life! well fucked off, mainly more as there is nothing I can do

ringing the vets tomorrow at 10am to see how he is doing, but if I find out he was kicked in the head gof help the people who did it if I ever find out who they were - they'd rather be fuckin dead after I'm done with em

I've upped a few pics of him to my garage, mainly just the best ones I have of him... I have got some videos too of when he was a kitten, but there on vhs & i have no digitiser...

He's a right little charector, wouldnt harm a fly! real softy, people just fall in love with him the moment they see him! He's only 14 months old too heres a few of my fav pics...

rest are here

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/garage.php?action=usergarage&owner=paulw&carid=1998&page=all

he best pull through! I know he's only a cat, but he's MY cat...
CraigyG

30th May 04 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
he best pull through! I know he's only a cat, but he's MY cat...

I no wat u mean my cat died she was older then me so i grew up with her wicked she was

But if some did kick him thats just way out of order i dunno hhow ppl can do it
langey

30th May 04 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we had a cat once and it got run over but it died and that upset me too, but i was only about 12.

hope it pulls through, and hope u find the poeple who did it, evan if it was knocked down by a car.
PaulW

30th May 04 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know - reason the vet isnt sure as its the way the injurys are - mainly just his head, nothing else really other than the scuffed paws

they've given him some painkillers & anti-inflamatories(sp) so he's not in too much discomfort thats the main thing.

if it was a car what annoys me is people just dont stop & I hate that! my dad once saw another cat get hit by a car & it never stopped so he did & took the cat straight to the vets, even paid the admission fee's but it didnt make it. he even tracked down the owner & let them know about it as otherwise they probably wouldnt of known - he felt well shitty about that & annoyed as how the other driver did fuck all

[Edited on 30-05-2004 by PaulW]
vibrio
Banned

30th May 04 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look on the brightside - I seen my 8 month old kitten run towrnds me then get hit by a taxi. the thud noise of the collision still keeps me awake 6 months on. also got scars on my arms from her death throws. taxi driver could not have been looking at the road. he stopped ages upt he road, never braked or swerved can't let the other cat out now
PaulW

30th May 04 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he also refused to let them give him the money back aswell because of what had happened...
PaulW

30th May 04 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
look on the brightside - I seen my 8 month old kitten run towrnds me then get hit by a taxi. the thud noise of the collision still keeps me awake 6 months on. also got scars on my arms from her death throws. taxi driver could not have been looking at the road. he stopped ages upt he road, never braked or swerved can't let the other cat out now

i remember when you posted about it ross, was well gutted! i know what happened tonight is nowhere in comparison as to what happened to you, but its just annoying people dont bother to stop & say sorry or anything when this happens
IntaCepta

30th May 04 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very sad,
i admit i'm not too fond of the feline species, but it sucks to have your pet in pain and suffering.

hope he pulls through mate, god help the fuckers who kicked him if he was attacked!

used to have a rabbit, foxed killed it, he was trying to kill the other rabbit the next day, s**t it down from my bedroom window, buried it the next day.

[Edited on 30-05-2004 by IntaCepta]
PaulW

30th May 04 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just duno what to do, cant do anything but need to do something...

think ill try get some sleep, not feelin tired tho but sooner i get sleep earlier ill be awake & able find out hows things.

was only the other week i was at a funeral for a real close friend - this now wraps it all up, fekin shit week all in
Adam-D

30th May 04 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to hear it m8

hope he pulls thou cats are tough lil buggers
PaulW

30th May 04 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he is a tough lil bugger ad - you aint wrong there!

just got off phone to vets, he got through the night & his breathing sounds to be easier than lastnight, but they said they can't do any more till around 2pm, but so far he is doing ok.

They said there going to do more checks later & check for any internal injuries & stuff, but even so he will be in there for a few days at least. they said dont get hopes up yet tho incase there is any internal badness
Adam-D

30th May 04 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be ok/ hope he pulls throu
and either way how he got hurt that person is a sick fuck
corb

30th May 04 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any word mate?

We used to have a cat when i lived at my mums, was 19(i think) when i was 12. Was a wedding present to my mum and dad. She died about 5 weeks after my mum and dad split up. Thats weird!! No-one else(mum, dad, sis etc.) has ever commented on how weird that was!
I remember once during summer holidays when she came home covered in oil, that was shit

Hope he's alright though mate
PaulW

30th May 04 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd like to see them get hit by a car or kicked in the head & then just left there... see how much they like it
PaulW

30th May 04 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corb - only word is breathing is easier, they gave him a day painkiller so he shouldnt be in any discomfort for the day still, but his mouth is still bleeding a bit
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

30th May 04 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gah to hear that paul, I am a cat lover also, got five at home. Hope everything works out.

[Edited on 30-05-2004 by willay]
GREG 1

30th May 04 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bless the little cat !!

i remember when i had my 2 cats, both persians one was white (my mums cat) the other was blue (my cat)

anyway the day they died i felt like i lost my legs, it was tragic !

my cat was so close to me it was unreal, every morning it would sit looking at my clock on my wall, when he knew that it was 1 min to 7 he would jump on my bed and tap me to wake me up.... this would be about 10 secs b4 my alarm clock would go off every day that was, total madness !!

he also went onto "you've been framed" as he could pot all the balls on the snooker table with his paws !!
Andrew

30th May 04 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope he's alright mate. I hate to see animals in pain as they can't tell you what is wrong.

How's he doing today? Did you phone the vets?
Andrew

30th May 04 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GREG 1
bless the little cat !!

i remember when i had my 2 cats, both persians one was white (my mums cat) the other was blue (my cat)

anyway the day they died i felt like i lost my legs, it was tragic !

my cat was so close to me it was unreal, every morning it would sit looking at my clock on my wall, when he knew that it was 1 min to 7 he would jump on my bed and tap me to wake me up.... this would be about 10 secs b4 my alarm clock would go off every day that was, total madness !!

he also went onto "you've been framed" as he could pot all the balls on the snooker table with his paws !!

That is one clever cat I've never seen a blue one before though

PaulW

30th May 04 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not phoned vets since thismornin at 10 (see above posts) they said to call back at 2 for an update, but I hate the waiting!

Greg - sounds a good cat! Tux just wakes me up when he's hungry, but I get used to it so usually wake myself up at about 6 to feed him so he's half-way up the stairs when I see him

got up thismornin to feed him but remembered about the other night

he should be ok, I'm glad now I booked all next week off work!
Dan B

30th May 04 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
if it was a car what annoys me is people just dont stop & I hate that!
[Edited on 30-05-2004 by PaulW]

Technically, by law, you only need to stop if you hit a dog and it's badly injured......I have to say I wouldn't stop if I hit a cat, either. That's not through malice (even through I'm not a big fan of cats), but just through the fact that it shouldn't be in the road in the first place.

Hope Tux makes a full recovery, though, I know how pets can become part of the family after a while......my brother's dog was the same, before he had to be put down a few years ago.

And, if it does turn out to be someone kicking him, they deserve shooting......hitting a cat accidentally if it runs out into the road (I haven't, before anyone comments, just giving an example) is one thing, but purposefully kicking one is just sick.
sfxer

30th May 04 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

poor little thing
PaulW

30th May 04 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

their waiting a bit longer till he's more stable before they examine him proper, there giving him a bit of food but through a syringe, and he's been trying to clean himself too but with little luck!

they think his jaw is broken too, and he's lost a few teeth, but they say if his jaw is shattered they can't really do anything so he will have to be put down so fingers crossed its either just dislocated or just a clean break if it is broken & repairable!

he's alot calmer now, breathing is better but still a little rattly, and the gash on his chin will need stiching, they said they'd ring us to say what needs doing before they do anything but I just told them if anything needs doing just do it & ring us afterwards, said its costing £110 so far for lastnight/today, and will cost about £150 to examine & possibly more to do anything. he's worth it tho.

ringing back in the morning, but they said they'd also ring us if anything comes up or anything, but so far apart from the jaw, they say he's a very lucky lad!
PaulW

31st May 04 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update from Vets...

He's got a few broken bones in his nose, his face & jaw is badly bruised, the gash in his chin was too bad to stitch, so they stapled it instead, and he's chipped a few teeth, but not lost any!

Should 'hopefully' be back home now either tomorrow or Wednesday Well chuffed!

They said he certainly is a lucky cat!
LukeGSi

31st May 04 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cats gone missing ive had her as long as i can remember

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Not long since got back from the vets... 22 database queries in 0.1852369 seconds