corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lotus Elise's

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lotus Elise's
Nismo

User status: Offline
29th May 04 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Were any bends involved in this altercation?

Yes several , the up hill climb was on a constant curve and there was also a slip road and a roundabout.
LukeGSi

29th May 04 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mr Richard
Phil321

29th May 04 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you are claiming that in a race with an Elise 160, even with him in second and you in fourth, as you claim in your first post, you pulled on him to the extent that he became 'a mere blue dot'?

Not a chance in hell.
FlamingCorsa

29th May 04 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the elise is a dead nice car, ummm corsa or elise - know which one i wud prefer!!!!!

only a 1.8 but fast for a 1.8 i think! ment 2 b one of the best cars for cornering also! i didnt realsie they were unreliable - the engine is a k serise i thought! not suprised the rex beat it tho, he should have waved and admitted defeat - they are the best races when u can have a laugh bout it after - win or loose!
nik

29th May 04 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by XTC113
the drivers are benders....

Not even going to comment Phil knows what he's talking about on this thread have a cookie
Ian
Site Administrator

29th May 04 at 23:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
on a constant curve
Bends, not slight angles.
Rebrabuk

30th May 04 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa
he should have waved and admitted defeat - they are the best races when u can have a laugh bout it after - win or loose!

I raced a fine young lady ( ) who was driving a Merc SL600 V12 AMG Convertable earlier..

I overtook her on a dual carriage way and she just hovered around behind me for a bit.. Then i pulled over to let her past and her boyfriend (?) in the passenger side was waving and laughing at me as they cruised off into the distance..

I just had to smile back and let them go..

[Edited on 30-05-2004 by Rebrabuk]

[Edited on 30-05-2004 by Rebrabuk]
orange_juice

30th May 04 at 03:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the small 1.8 elise's are awful ... My old crx (non-vtec) matched one off the lights - not had any experience with the quicker ones yet.
MarkM

30th May 04 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Elise's are nice cars...I would have one....
StuartVRS

30th May 04 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phil321
a track car which comes with the added bonus of being very useable.

ever tried getting in one of them? I wouldnt exactly say it was user friendly...
Marc

30th May 04 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i couldnt get of one i sat in lol
Phil321

30th May 04 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaCsxi
quote:
a track car which comes with the added bonus of being very useable.

ever tried getting in one of them? I wouldnt exactly say it was user friendly...

Thats true, but I meant useable as in driveable rather than user friendly.

I was fortunate enough to have a blast in a VX220 Turbo y'day and they're even more of a nightmare to get in and out of. I'm only 5'9, would hate to imagine what its like for someone tall!
Marc

30th May 04 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im 6` 2
Dom

30th May 04 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye, i agree with phil on this one. No offence like Nismo, but your just being ignorant by saying that because you beat an elise it automatically makes your car superiour to the elise, making the elise a bag of shite does that mean, if i got into my mates RS6 and kicked your arse all over the show, the RS6 would be a better car than the RX7?.....very unlikey in most peoples eyes, but by what your saying, it should do

Eitherway, the elise is a good car and although its a tad expensive for what your getting (would rather have a 'busa westfield), its up to date in terms of technology compared to the RX7 (although the engine is something else in the RX's).

Any who's, the "race" should have been just some fun between two drivers and not a battle to see whos car is the best...if that was the case, then there are plenty of people on the road that would give your RX7 a good kicking...although im sure they would just smile and wave, instead of laughing
Cybermonkey

30th May 04 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Demo
quote:
quote:
they should all be badged "tacky placky crappy"

The ignorance of this board never ceases to amaze

how is that ignorance. elises are shite. they may be quick but they are still shite

So you admit they're quick. Surely you won't dispute the fact Lotus are one of the world's finest when it comes to suspension engineering so the handling is about as spot on as you'll find in a road car?

What more do you want?

Arent Lotus the same company that "supposidly" sorted the suspension for Vauxhall on the Sport 1.6's did NOT do a good job
But elise's are nice cars, and nismo, you cannot really compare it to yours. Its in a different class altogether. Put both of you on a track and you would get your RX ass raped
Dom

30th May 04 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
they should all be badged "tacky placky crappy"

The ignorance of this board never ceases to amaze

how is that ignorance. elises are shite. they may be quick but they are still shite

So you admit they're quick. Surely you won't dispute the fact Lotus are one of the world's finest when it comes to suspension engineering so the handling is about as spot on as you'll find in a road car?

What more do you want?

Arent Lotus the same company that "supposidly" sorted the suspension for Vauxhall on the Sport 1.6's did NOT do a good job
But elise's are nice cars, and nismo, you cannot really compare it to yours. Its in a different class altogether. Put both of you on a track and you would get your RX ass raped

aye...lotus did do the suspesnsion on the newer corsa's i believe (not just the 1.6s from what i was told)...and yesh, it is a little to be desired. However, like you say cyber, lotus's are a different class to mazda's, especially the RX's. lotus's are track cars more than anything..where as mazda's are made for the people who cant afford a decent car
Nismo

30th May 04 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So you are claiming that in a race with an Elise 160, even with him in second and you in fourth, as you claim in your first post, you pulled on him to the extent that he became 'a mere blue dot'?

Not a chance in hell.

yes it was wank , it didnt even have a chance bag of wank waste of money crap, id happy take on any elise again knowing it doesnt stand a chance
Marc

30th May 04 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless your both on a track
Nismo

30th May 04 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
aye, i agree with phil on this one. No offence like Nismo, but your just being ignorant by saying that because you beat an elise it automatically makes your car superiour to the elise, making the elise a bag of shite does that mean, if i got into my mates RS6 and kicked your arse all over the show, the RS6 would be a better car than the RX7?.....very unlikey in most peoples eyes, but by what your saying, it should do

Eitherway, the elise is a good car and although its a tad expensive for what your getting (would rather have a 'busa westfield), its up to date in terms of technology compared to the RX7 (although the engine is something else in the RX's).

Any who's, the "race" should have been just some fun between two drivers and not a battle to see whos car is the best...if that was the case, then there are plenty of people on the road that would give your RX7 a good kicking...although im sure they would just smile and wave, instead of laughing

Yes i know what your saying generally im allways up for fun and flash/hazard after but it was the way that he just kept wanting to continue it till he won on raods through villages overtaking stuff to catch back up then sit on my rear till we got to an open road again , ill only play when the roads clear and safe not doing stupid stuff like he was
Phil321

30th May 04 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Not a chance in hell.

yes it was wank , it didnt even have a chance bag of wank waste of money crap, id happy take on any elise again knowing it doesnt stand a chance

Constructive, well informed, car related discussion. I like it.
Nismo

30th May 04 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Unless your both on a track

may be different then yes , but should the driver shouldnt have high expectations on a dualcarrige way
Marc

30th May 04 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but i have focus` trying to race me on motorways
Phil321

30th May 04 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Performance estimates for the RX?
CORSA NUT

30th May 04 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone tries to race me
jr

30th May 04 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Theres nothing wrong with Lotus reliability, they're hardly TVR.

no but theyre hardly VW either

vw havent got the brillaint build quality everyone thinks they have

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lotus Elise's 22 database queries in 0.1896741 seconds