corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » few questions that peoples advice/input

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author few questions that peoples advice/input
WhiteGSI

User status: Offline
23rd May 04 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

firstly i am gonna lower my corsa gsi.i am runnig 15s at the mo so i am looking for the euro look. i dont mind forking out up to about £800 as long as can get the top quality suspension that is adjustable. people i have asked are saying koni are good but i would like to hear from other corsagsi owners themselves.
ok next one
i have just had a full stainless mongoose exhaust system and the rubbers that hold the back box seem to be streching with the new weight of the back box cos its massive. should i just get some replacement vauxhall ones or are them some stronger ones avalible?
also my exhasut seems to clunk against the chassis when i go over speed bumps even when i drive mad slowly. any suggestins to cure this?
i have just had my engine rebuilt and cylinder head bored out and gas flowed, new fastroad cams so i wanna look after it properly what oil brand and type is the ultimate to keep my engine in supreme nick, i currently use gtx magnatec fully synthetic but i thought perhaps there is some better stuff out there?
last one... cleaning products. whas the best stuff to get? i have started to use autoglyms range of stuff for everything is that the best brand?
sorry to drop loads on everyone at once but these little things have been annoying me for ages so i thought it would be better to post the lot.
if anyone can help with any of it i would be really grateful

oh yeah brogster i always see your car near the old skoda garage. looking sweet and tidy mate. i have seen it slowly get better and better. keep it up
broster
Premium Member

23rd May 04 at 10:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheres mate! yeah i live near the garage, u got the white gsi down by trinity avenue?
broster
Premium Member

23rd May 04 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

regarding your questions tho mate, if you have £800 ish for suspension then you may aswell go for some coilovers, go up to pvd, only 5mins away, and ask about the fk range that they do, great quality, i have avo coil overs on mine, can go aslow as 100mm if need be but the raods round here make that hard! also the ride is crap and the car wont handle! the exhausts do have a tendency to bang on the rear beam when the car is lowered i solved this by going to hi-q by the courts in town and asking for some fiesta ones, they use them on all the corsas there as the gm ones are poo. i use auto glym cleaning products on mine when i can be arsed to clean it, lol! brings it up red again! as for oil i use vauxhall oil and i have similar engine spec to you but a bit more modded. where did you get your engine rebuilt mate?
bubble

23rd May 04 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i couldnt help but notice that ur car has a 1.4 16v badge on but u said its a 1.6 16v? also the 1.6 sport never came with steelies but im sure one of your picks shows urs with them. u upgraded the engine to a x16xe? what mods u got?
broster
Premium Member

23rd May 04 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me, erm....yeah my cars a 1.4 with a few tweaks! lol, yeah got a x16xe in it now, engine spec....
PiperX Viper induction kit, Lexmaul inlet manifold, Ecotek Valve, BFO cat back system, Bonnet lifters, custom map with raised limit to 7kish, Supersprint stainless 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, ported polished head, kent fast road cams, fse boost valve
bubble

23rd May 04 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
me, erm....yeah my cars a 1.4 with a few tweaks! lol, yeah got a x16xe in it now, engine spec....
PiperX Viper induction kit, Lexmaul inlet manifold, Ecotek Valve, BFO cat back system, Bonnet lifters, custom map with raised limit to 7kish, Supersprint stainless 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, ported polished head, kent fast road cams, fse boost valve

what sorta bhp u got. we did a x14xe with manifold chip cams lightweight flywheel and crank boost valve and exhaust manifold straight through system proven at 129bhp at the wheels. u should be expecting about 135bhp ida thought?
broster
Premium Member

23rd May 04 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got 138bhp and 122lb ft torque from my 1.6, my lexmaul inlet is the limiting factor, want a velos one really but no rush really

[Edited on 23-05-2004 by broster]
bubble

23rd May 04 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
i got 138bhp and 122lb ft torque from my 1.6

fuck thats good. we only got 98lb ft torque from the x14xe. dont no why though
broster
Premium Member

23rd May 04 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had 100lb ft from my 1.4 with a super chip, exhaust, viper and lexmaul. all depends on the rolling road tho
bubble

23rd May 04 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah suppose so. still your car now sounds really good. nice one
broster
Premium Member

23rd May 04 at 11:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah tis nice, just need the velos and then another re-map to finish it off or i may save for throttle bodies and dta management £1700 tho lol! oops bit of a post hi-jack sorry WhiteGSI
bubble

23rd May 04 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whitegsi-
fk coilovers,fiesta rubbers,vauxhall oil fully synth,autoglym ok,meguiars better
WhiteGSI

23rd May 04 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brogster.i had me engine rebuild done at jc motors in bunting road near cmc. did a good job but messed me about for bout two months. my gsi isnt trinity ave. i have the ragged looking white one from dallington. i have the same lexus lights as you. where you get your engine remap done? i need one done soon. i will have to come to one of your meets at riverside and chat properly about all your mods. but not untill i sort my paint work out and get my arches flared cos it looks like a bag of sh#t at the mo. proper cash though.
WhiteGSI

23rd May 04 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh by the way thanks for everyones answers, i appreciate it
broster
Premium Member

23rd May 04 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, yeah tell me about it mate, u should see my car looking neglected at the moment but itll have to wait till exams are done. as for the re-map, go to jamsport say broster told you to go, they have a bloke called wayne who maps cars, hes ver ygood, got impressive gains from mine with the map! they did my engine work too, absolute nutters but know their stuff
WhiteGSI

23rd May 04 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought about them but someone told me thay will try and do you if they think they can get away with. but i might just give it a go. do they have a rolling road and all that? how much was your remap? oh and just out of interest how much did you pay for your viper kit? i have one aswell but got it dirt cheap, one of my mates works there.
also brogster do you recommend anywhere for bodywork? i have rieger sideskirts and rear apron to put on but i want a top notch job done, no shit like x.e.c
broster
Premium Member

23rd May 04 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know about body work mate, as for jamsport trying to do you, i got a brillient deal and they did the work in great time. the re map cost 350, same idea as a uni chip but its waynes own thing i believe, they do have a rolling road yeah. i payed full price for my viper im afraid! lol! give jamsport a call see what they can do for you, as i said say i recommended you, speak to dan.01604 755529
WhiteGSI

23rd May 04 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dan or wayne? i will tell them brogster sent me down then but i will have to wait a few weeks because im going to amsterdam in a couple of weeks, gotta get my priorities right. when is your next meet by the way?
broster
Premium Member

23rd May 04 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wayne is the bloke who does the mapping, dan is the bloke who ans the fone down there. look in the regional groups mate all the meet info is there of click the link in my signiture(under this writing) has info on meets in there! yeah just say broster send you and ur interested in getting ur car mapped by wayne
WhiteGSI

23rd May 04 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will do mate. cheers for all the help i will have to have a chat with you proper some time. wanna take a closer look at your sport. its pretty tidy, not over the top like some fools do
broster
Premium Member

23rd May 04 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, well mate you know where its parked, if its parked up im in, knock on the door! ill try and organise a mini meet one night in the next few weeks, jus ta few locals, at toys r us. think iv seen your car driving about past my house. not sure there is one that goes up the road oposite my house alot. only seen about 3white gsi's in northampton

[Edited on 23-05-2004 by broster]
Greg_M

23rd May 04 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you want a velos in place of you lexmaul? the velos power box is just that, a metal box and a bit of piping!
broster
Premium Member

23rd May 04 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i do want a velos instead of my lexmaul as they are two completely differnt types of inlet, im still undecided if i want to save up for throttle bodies instead tho
Greg_M

23rd May 04 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally, having seen the velos torque tube, i wouldnt bother, it looks tacky and is just a box, would save up a bit more and go for the TB,s straight of, you'll only want them after anyway
broster
Premium Member

23rd May 04 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i know, not bothered about looks of the engine bay to be honest just want bit more power later on, not desperate for it yet tho. im half made up to save for throttle bodies, as ill gain a lot of power with them ansd i can run verniers to time my cams in aswell....small things lol!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll