corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone any good at fixing motorbikes?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone any good at fixing motorbikes?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
22nd May 04 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mate has an RM80, its getting spark, fuel is OK, compression is OK, I'm thinking timing - how is this done on these?
Adam-D

22nd May 04 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chain?
Adam-D

22nd May 04 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or there is a mixture screw?
Paul H

22nd May 04 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be electronic so timing adjusts itself.they have a little black box under the seat normally.you can move the stater plate slightly but won't make much difference to the timing.has he tried adjusting the air mixture screw on the carb???
Desmond

22nd May 04 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are all sorts of things. Is the compression the same as always?? These things can run on one ring. Try a new spark plug as the spark might not be sufficient, then its down to a complete clean of the carb. Try leaving it over night with the spark plug out cos it might just be flooded. Try a bump start aswell. ALso check how clean the reed valves are.
ed

22nd May 04 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the carb too. Mine kept getting a dirty carb (blocked jet), so I had to fit an extra inline fuel filter...
It started but needed the choke to run...
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd May 04 at 23:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He was out on it today, running fine, switched it off and it wouldn't restart. Spark is fine, I checked it by grounding it on the head and turning it over.

Leaving it overnight to dry out in case its flooded. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone any good at fixing motorbikes? 22 database queries in 0.0088949 seconds