corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » blue jacking on infra-red

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author blue jacking on infra-red
ChazSXi

User status: Offline
21st May 04 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have an e700 and want to blue jack but i have infra-red not bluetooth can i upgrade it or use infra red to the same thing?
Predator Corsa

21st May 04 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, get a good phone
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st May 04 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think infra-red will work as it works on having a LOS (line of sight) to the other IR device, whereas bluetooth uses magical radio waves to transmit.
ChazSXi

21st May 04 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Drive Fast Live Young
No, get a good phone

it is a good fone
Dom

21st May 04 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its called bluejacking for a reason so no you cant do it, unless you have perfect line of sight with someone elses infra-red device.....and i dont think the e700 can be upgraded, unlike the T68's etc
but google it mate and see what happens, otherwise new fone

[Edited on 21-05-2004 by VisibleMan]
ChazSXi

21st May 04 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
its called bluejacking for a reason so no you cant do it, unless you have perfect line of sight with someone elses infra-red device.....and i dont think the e700 can be upgraded, unlike the T68's etc

could get a pda with bluetooth - that would solve my problems, yes?!
Dom

21st May 04 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChazSXi
quote:

yesh but...how will you take pictures? you would have to do it on your phone, then send it to the PDA (make sure the PDA has Infra-red too) then bluejack.....would takes ages....but yes, it would work
ChazSXi

22nd May 04 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ChazSXi
quote:

yesh but...how will you take pictures? you would have to do it on your phone, then send it to the PDA (make sure the PDA has Infra-red too) then bluejack.....would takes ages....but yes, it would work

or get a pda with a camera
Demo

22nd May 04 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or buy a sony ericsson t610.

btw, i happen to have one for sale in the classifieds
PaulW

22nd May 04 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm currently trying to write a bluejacking program for the SPV E200 which will hopefully work better then the create a contact-send a contact method as the SPV uses a different signature to send contacts than other phones
broster
Premium Member

22nd May 04 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dude soon as you work out ur blue jacking prog for the spv e200, send it my way!
PaulW

22nd May 04 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the contact sending does work, but not greatly...

when you beam the contact via bt, it will display Pend next to the victim, and will remain to do so until they either say Reject of Accept... 9 times out of 10 people will read the message, think WTF and then Reject it, so it will say Fail on the E200 even though it did get through!

Reason I'm lookin at writin a jackin prog, is so then it will atleast say if the connection was a success & the headers were sent, as atm its a case of firing blind!
broster
Premium Member

22nd May 04 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, i want to be able to send pictures aof my willy to people and look at them gasp in amazment!
PaulW

22nd May 04 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need version 2.06b of SmartExplorer to do that then, but its not 100% bril to send files (I tried sending a JPG file of some women having fun with a cucumber to my bro's Motorola A835, and it came up on his saying file type not recognised )
Adam

22nd May 04 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this title made me laugh
Adam

22nd May 04 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The start of bluejacking..............

I was in the bank today and was waiting for my number to be called as there was many people in the bank. Out of boredom, I did a Bluetooth discovery to see if there was any other Bluetooth device around. A name appeared on my screen "Nokia 7650" which obviously means some poor Nokia users has his Bluetooth switched on.

I looked around and didn't see anybody around me using that brick... I mean Nokia 7650. I then proceeded to create a new contact in my phone which had all it's fields empty except for the first name which I gladly filled with "Buy Ericsson!" and made my R520 send that business card to the Nokia 7650 and a guy a few feet away from me suddenly had his 7650 making obscene noises in the bank. He took out his 7650 and started looking at his phone (and looking lost at the same time).

I couldn't contain myself and left the bank. Thought I'd share this story with all.

Maybe we should do this more often in public.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » blue jacking on infra-red 22 database queries in 0.0150120 seconds