corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how to adjust height of headlight beam??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how to adjust height of headlight beam??
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
18th May 04 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the beam of my dipped beam jus seems low, even with my new 80wat bulbs!! think i need to re-calibrate the height of the beam?...but how?

is it the round plastic dial/knob behind on the back of the headlight that adjusts this????

if so which direction makes it higher? and how many turns??

[Edited on 18-05-2004 by MoNkEy MaGiC]
Kris TD

18th May 04 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is a switch next too the headlight on switch on the dash board which changes the headlight height.
mike_1.2LS96

18th May 04 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leave it on 3. It irritating to other drivers having high dipped beams on.
MoNkEy MaGiC

18th May 04 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got the switch on the highest setting yet it is still quite low "compared" to other cars and to all my mates cars.... its because of my eye brows i think... so i only wanna make it a little higher?
CorsAsh

18th May 04 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a hole in the cross member above the headlight, if you look into it, you'll see a little white philips screw head. Turning this clockwise or anticlockwise raises or lowers the beam.

Best way is to wait til its dark, park up facing wall/garage etc with headlights on, then adjust the screw til its a bit higher. Then drive down the road, and get a mate to watch you as you drive back, makin sure they're not glaring/too high.

Oh yeah, and invest in a Haynes manual, tells you how to do all this kind of mundane stuff...
MoNkEy MaGiC

18th May 04 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does that round dial/knob do then
MoNkEy MaGiC

19th May 04 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
Theres a hole in the cross member above the headlight, if you look into it, you'll see a little white philips screw head. Turning this clockwise or anticlockwise raises or lowers the beam.

Best way is to wait til its dark, park up facing wall/garage etc with headlights on, then adjust the screw til its a bit higher. Then drive down the road, and get a mate to watch you as you drive back, makin sure they're not glaring/too high.

Oh yeah, and invest in a Haynes manual, tells you how to do all this kind of mundane stuff...

i tried wat u said but it didnt change the height!!
i tried turning the round dial/knob i was on about earlier, and that seemed to have done the trick, need to check it at night to make sure its straight and not to high
ainsley_brader

19th May 04 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoNkEy MaGiC
quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh

i tried wat u said but it didnt change the height!!
i tried turning the round dial/knob i was on about earlier, and that seemed to have done the trick, need to check it at night to make sure its straight and not to high

The black knob is height the white one alters it left to right!!

New Poll