corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Solution to PVD issues

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Solution to PVD issues
tom reid

User status: Offline
15th May 04 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reading the other thread I thought, why doesn't everyone who has an issue with PVD send details to a moderator and get them to deal direct with PVD, the moderator could also threaten them with Watchdog, it's worked in the past.

Any thoughts?
Munchie

15th May 04 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No
Shane

15th May 04 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Munchie
No

short ans sweet
Adam-D

15th May 04 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a pvd solution

dont buy from them if you are concerned

i got a rear strut brace took two months from germany but i got it in the end
mwg

15th May 04 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont understand y wont the mods step in and help?
PaulW

15th May 04 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simple reason - the mods dont control PVD, and PVD are not associated with CS at all, they just sell things which are related to vauxhalls
mwg

15th May 04 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure some of the moderators know PVD and would be able to tell them about all these posts cos them cant be doing them much good can they? then PVD might see its in their interests to sort it out? i dunno just an idea maybe im miles off.
broster
Premium Member

15th May 04 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some pvd staff come on here all the time so they know whats being said
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
15th May 04 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PVD are well aware of what's going on - I usually get the phone call when you fellas go to far with the thread contents.

I don't know what to suggest to be honest. I don't object to stepping in but this should not be necessary and is an extra thing that I could do with not promising to do for people.
BabyBlade

15th May 04 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why should the mods have to do it

Its not their problem ffs?
Paul H

15th May 04 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just don't buy from them if your worried about anything.. there are plenty of other places to buy stuff.
Greg_M

15th May 04 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wooo hooo paul got a name change
J da Silva

15th May 04 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PVD threads should only be made for a warning, not to ask for help on the situation. the buyers problem and there are authorities, such as trading standards and citizens advice beaurau, set up for situations like this

not the problem of any corsasport staff and they shouldn't really be getting involved
trev4000

15th May 04 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
PVD are well aware of what's going on - I usually get the phone call when you fellas go to far with the thread contents.

I don't know what to suggest to be honest. I don't object to stepping in but this should not be necessary and is an extra thing that I could do with not promising to do for people.

Ian, can you explain what this "phone call" entails? I assume they're upset by the negativity of some threads. If so,why do you "step in"? As far as I am aware, people can debate the reliability of a company. Surely it is in their interests to address the concerns being raised rather than try to edit/ban the derision? I would definitely take a rather unmovable stance and inform them to sort themselves out before complaining to you after many people here receive bad service.
However, I suspect they contact the hosts who in turn contact you about the content of the site. A rather reprehensible and underhand tactic. If they are truly providing a second class service then the right to discuss and admonish it is paramount.
Valleyscorsa

15th May 04 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ someone took a level english

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
15th May 04 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trev, you're possibly looking at this from the most negative standpoint.

They're quite justified in being upset by some threads. Moreso, some of the things posted are actually illegal if not based on fact or personal experience, for example, 'such and such a company are a shower of cowboys' - it's been posted before, its illegal and its been removed. Hardly debate, you'll agree.

I don't muffle constructive input but I do have a legal agenda and sitting back is not the way to address this. The only unmovable stance is that if we host slander, we get sued.

I don't even intend to do so little about it that anyone would need to go to the hosts, and in defence of PVD I know for a fact they would not do this.

Discussion I'll quite happily endorse but not everyone keeps it so level headed.

New Poll