corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » XP home on a network

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author XP home on a network
Melville

User status: Offline
13th May 04 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know if XP home will be ok to connect to server 2003?

Cheers Mark
M2RTY

13th May 04 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought PRO had the advantage of good network settings and capability over HOME mate? check the MS website as there is a thing u can do to see what package is best 4 u
PaulW

13th May 04 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant join domains with XP home, you can only do simple file-sharing things, so you need to make sure that you have a username & password on the 2003 server which is EXACTLY the same as what is on the XP Home machine.
Melville

13th May 04 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmm only reason I am asking is that Dell have got a special offer on some PCs which include a 17" tft for only £399 but it only includes xp home. IF nothing else they are worth getting for the monitors and then flogging the computer I suppose

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » XP home on a network 22 database queries in 0.0086172 seconds