corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » MOT again

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MOT again
RobHayes

User status: Offline
11th May 04 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright guys, my car failed its MOT on saturday n is going for the work to be done tomorrow. do they retest the whole car again or just the things it failed on the first time?

cheers
Gary GSi

11th May 04 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I depends. If the same people who tested it the first time, did the repairs and then the retest, then they know the car and just write out the ticket when the repair is done. If you have changed garages and they cant remember the car coming in then they will retest the whole car. There are some laws as to the time between 1st and 2nd test aswell, if over so many days then they have to do full retest.
RobHayes

11th May 04 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the same garage. they moaned about my tyres, (the back 1s off the SRi) cos they were out of shape. 1 was a failure n the other not. so i've taken the one thats a failure off n replaced it with another. but i dont know whether or not its a gud tyre itself (the 1 i replaced it with) so as the sheet says o/s/r tyre out of shape will they just check the o/s/r tyre or wot? it was done saturday (failed) n work bein dun wednesday

[Edited on 11-05-2004 by RobHayes]

[Edited on 11-05-2004 by RobHayes]
Gary GSi

11th May 04 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They will probably check all your tyres to see if you just swapped wheels around.
Its what they have to do. If they let it go with faults and your car is involved in a fatal accident the police will check for defects with your car and if it has just been M.O.T.ed they will visit the M.O.T. station and ask for a report and the station could get taken to court and closed down.

[Edited on 11-05-2004 by Gary GSi]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » MOT again 23 database queries in 0.0111380 seconds