corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FK Coilovers Cheap As!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FK Coilovers Cheap As!
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
10th May 04 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These are will be UK dealer supplied with full warrenty and comeback. They also won't be as cheap as importing them yourselves!

[Edited on 10-05-2004 by Ian]
Rob B

10th May 04 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will defo get some , i got the money i know for a fact that voyto has been looking around for them and talking to adi
langey

10th May 04 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what are we group buying?? and how much we looking at??
Rob B

10th May 04 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coilover suspension, not sure at price but quite a bit off the list price by the sound of it
Ian
Site Administrator

10th May 04 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FK HighSport coilovers Langey.

Height adjustable front and rear.

Rob B

10th May 04 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooohhhh they look so sexy
Ian
Site Administrator

10th May 04 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just thought on, we need wheel widths and offset for everyone wanting them, can you post this if you're interested in the buy.
Rob B

10th May 04 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mille miglia EVO's 16/195/45 ET 45 7 inch wide
langey

10th May 04 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how low can i go on these babys??

i need some dampers for my 60mm springs, but if these babys can go lower, i;'ll get these.
Ian
Site Administrator

10th May 04 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ, I can tell you straight away you will have problems Rob. That wheel is too wide and too far under the arch. You'll certainly need to remove the helper spring and/or possibly fit spacers if you want to take advantage of the full range of travel in the height adjustment.
Rob B

10th May 04 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My offset is perfect for corsa's i thought
langey

10th May 04 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what sorta price we looking at?? and what sorta drop can i be expecting.

not sure on my wheels, just make the suspension fit.
Ian
Site Administrator

10th May 04 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find out Langey - if your wheels are too wide or offset too high you won't be able to go very low.
langey

10th May 04 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spyder plus (15 x 7 ET 45)
Ian
Site Administrator

10th May 04 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok let me get prices.
langey

10th May 04 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so will my rims be ok to get it slammed
Ian
Site Administrator

10th May 04 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look on this pic where it says 'Shock tower', on the coilover this spring seat is adjustable. Normally the tyre has room to sit under this but if you want to go very low, you need to make sure there is no tyre in the way. There are three ways of sorting this if it's a problem - lower offset with spacers to move the wheel out, get thinner wheels or remove the helper spring.

The latter option is the most preferable as you keep your wheel geometry. There are issues to be aware of, namely the springs being loose when you jack the car up. This can be sorted for MOT time by simply raising the ride height so that the spring doesnt expand as much.

I'll get more pics if anyone wants them. Basically its not a problem as such, just a choice you'll have to make when fitting. Spending 500 quid doesn't mean they'll go straight on in light of how much of a modification they are to the suspension on the car. The good news is that as you are moving the spring seat to go that low, you're retaining travel that you wouldn't have with a normal damper and the ride will be far superior!

langey

10th May 04 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Look on this pic where it says 'Shock tower', on the coilover this spring seat is adjustable. Normally the tyre has room to sit under this but if you want to go very low, you need to make sure there is no tyre in the way. There are three ways of sorting this if it's a problem - lower offset with spacers to move the wheel out, get thinner wheels or remove the helper spring.

The latter option is the most preferable as you keep your wheel geometry. There are issues to be aware of, namely the springs being loose when you jack the car up. This can be sorted for MOT time by simply raising the ride height so that the spring doesnt expand as much.

I'll get more pics if anyone wants them. Basically its not a problem as such, just a choice you'll have to make when fitting. Spending 500 quid doesn't mean they'll go straight on in light of how much of a modification they are to the suspension on the car. The good news is that as you are moving the spring seat to go that low, you're retaining travel that you wouldn't have with a normal damper and the ride will be far superior!

so will they fit my car and how low will it go, what you just wrote means nothing to me lol. and they gonna cost 500quid!!
Rob B

10th May 04 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

langley they wont cost 500 quid lol
Anton2K3

10th May 04 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From the pic provided...i cant possibly see how you would adjust rear ride height
Also...got standard wheels on at moment tim...but will be putting euro style ones on in the future.
Anyone know where to get euro alloys?

Thanks,

Anton
Rob B

10th May 04 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would but some wheels b4 coilovers
Siberia

10th May 04 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheekycorsa has these on his car with MM T12's 195/40/16 at et 45 and 7 wide although i think he had to get some sort of spring to get them down -60.

Siberia

10th May 04 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Anton2K3
From the pic provided...i cant possibly see how you would adjust rear ride height
Also...got standard wheels on at moment tim...but will be putting euro style ones on in the future.
Anyone know where to get euro alloys?

Thanks,

Anton

there adjusted up were it says 'trust baring'

[Edited on 10-05-2004 by Siberia]
Rob B

10th May 04 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you know alot about coilovers then siberia ? i got same wheels as cheeky but with 195/45 tyres, you recon they will be alrite
Siberia

10th May 04 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is what i'm not sure of myself.
i have T12's too and 195/45/16 tyres

i was looking in his garage... he used to have a picture of his front coilovers with the 40 profile tyres and they looked very close to me..

cant find that picture now.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FK Coilovers Cheap As! 22 database queries in 0.0152020 seconds