corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Smoke and the earth wire burnt out!!!! HELP PLEASE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Smoke and the earth wire burnt out!!!! HELP PLEASE
goyemm

User status: Offline
   9th May 04 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was asking people about fitting my new sony headunit, the post is further down.

I went in the garage this morning. I tryed to turn the headunit on and it hissed and SMOKE started pouring out from under the dash.

I quickly got my fire estinguisher as I did not no if there was flames.
I dissconnected the battery as fast as I could.

I then pulled the headunit out and pulled the connecters apart.
The EARTH wire all the way along the loom has burnt out, all the rubber has burnt out and the wire is fraid.

I do not have a clue what has happend, Does anyone have a idea before I get a professional to look at it.
R436LHG

User status: Offline
9th May 04 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couldnt pin point the problem without seeing it but wouldnt bother payin for sumone to look at it just run a new earth straight on to the chassis of the car,9 times out of ten its caused by the earth making contact with one of the lives probably best to check out the wiring diagrams in a haynes manual to find out wot else ur headunit shares its earthing point with just incase the same happens when u try to take power through wotever shares the earth

New Poll