corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Big up my Vauxhall dealer..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Big up my Vauxhall dealer..
Patrick

User status: Offline
   6th May 04 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought my Coupé Turbo back in August, came with a 12 month NetQ warranty.

Couple of weeks ago engine management light came on. Car was at AmD to get the ecu re-mapped. They diagnosed the problem as a knackered air-mass meter caused by a split in the induction cone. Thing is had a custom exhaust fitted the day before so would of voided my warranty.

Booked car into dealership for this morning, just had them on the phone saying the car was ready for collection and that it was all done under warranty. Suppose they might not of noticed the two 3.5" slash cut pipes coming out from the rear or the low grumble when the engine was on. But hey, an extra £300 for me to spend now!

Gonna spend it on some silicon hoses, stainless intercooler pipe and K&N panel filter so that I can replace the dodgy induction cone.

Result.
Adam-D

6th May 04 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice
Paul H

6th May 04 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sometimes they can be really nice like in your case and other times right c**ts.plus i don't think your exhaust would cause your air mass meter to pack up
mk4_astra

6th May 04 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Patrick
Car was at AmD to get the ecu re-mapped.

is this amd in bicester near aylesbury? what do you think to them as my mate will prob b taking his audi to them
BlueCorsa

6th May 04 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which dealer was that?
dan.payne

6th May 04 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my vaux dealer dint stamped my service book at last service goin down 2day
broster
Premium Member

6th May 04 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought you said the the cone was better than a panel filter the other day?
Patrick

6th May 04 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chewbaccaman
sometimes they can be really nice like in your case and other times right c**ts.plus i don't think your exhaust would cause your air mass meter to pack up

Obviously an exhaust can't cause the air-mass meter to fuck up. But most garages will find any reason not to pay out. I think this dealer is
Patrick

6th May 04 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster

It wasn't the other day it was back in September last year. Anyway, all I said was standard my car should of done a 1/4 in 15.6 and with just a cone did it in 15.2, so it was better. I haven't said it wasn't better either, just had a split in the cone which caused all this to go wrong so instead of paying out £90 for a new one thought I'd spend £40 on a performance panel.
starkmotorsport

6th May 04 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everytime I go into Vauxhall I get them running after me, getting me whatever I want!

Sponsorship rocks!
vibrio
Banned

6th May 04 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Bought my Coupé Turbo back in August, came with a 12 month NetQ warranty.

Couple of weeks ago engine management light came on. Car was at AmD to get the ecu re-mapped. They diagnosed the problem as a knackered air-mass meter caused by a split in the induction cone. Thing is had a custom exhaust fitted the day before so would of voided my warranty.

Booked car into dealership for this morning, just had them on the phone saying the car was ready for collection and that it was all done under warranty. Suppose they might not of noticed the two 3.5" slash cut pipes coming out from the rear or the low grumble when the engine was on. But hey, an extra £300 for me to spend now!

Gonna spend it on some silicon hoses, stainless intercooler pipe and K&N panel filter so that I can replace the dodgy induction cone.

Result.

the exhaust would not void your warrenty anyway
broster
Premium Member

6th May 04 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by broster

It wasn't the other day it was back in September last year. Anyway, all I said was standard my car should of done a 1/4 in 15.6 and with just a cone did it in 15.2, so it was better. I haven't said it wasn't better either, just had a split in the cone which caused all this to go wrong so instead of paying out £90 for a new one thought I'd spend £40 on a performance panel.

i get ya, i only read the thread a few weeks ago musta been brought back fro mthe past like many others!
starkmotorsport

6th May 04 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes it would as its a non-standard GM part which wasnt fitted by a GM dealership.
vibrio
Banned

6th May 04 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by starkmotorsport
Yes it would as its a non-standard GM part which wasnt fitted by a GM dealership.

no it would not. you can fit non-GM parts to the car you fool. so long as they are with OE specs. and exhaust hardly counts for any damage unless it did not fit correctly and broke somthing underneith the car.
starkmotorsport

6th May 04 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you fit an exhaust to your car under warranty and the window wipers stop working then they dont have to fix them.

It seems stupid, but it shows that you've been playing about with the car so they wont accept it. Its like that guy who had a 2.0 badge on his 1.2 8v and insurance wouldnt pay up as he'd "given the impression that the car wasnt what it was"

Basically they can do what they like, if they so wish. Read the small print.
Patrick

6th May 04 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dealerships can be as fussy as they want if things have been done outside of manufacturer. My mum had a 3 year warranty and because in her 2nd year she had the car serviced elsewhere they would not fix her sunroof under warranty.
vibrio
Banned

6th May 04 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If you fit an exhaust to your car under warranty and the window wipers stop working then they dont have to fix them.

It seems stupid, but it shows that you've been playing about with the car so they wont accept it. Its like that guy who had a 2.0 badge on his 1.2 8v and insurance wouldnt pay up as he'd "given the impression that the car wasnt what it was"

actually they do have to fix your wiper motor etc. the exhaust does not have anything to do with your wipers. you need to learn more about EU law
starkmotorsport

6th May 04 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My point was that you touch one part of the car and they dont care after that. It can be something totally unconnected, yet they will refuse - as they are entitled to.

Maybe once you learn to actually work on your car yourself then you may understand what we're talking about, but until then please lie down before you hurt yourself.
vibrio
Banned

6th May 04 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

yes they do. if they say no then they are breaking the law. just because a company says somthing don't mean it;s right you fool. If I buy a brand new car I can fit a chip if I want. now if my turbo breaks then they would have to prove the chip was responsible for it breaking. this is hard to do. putting an exhaust on a car will nt invalidate the warrenty and you'd be a fool to accept it
bubble

6th May 04 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unfortuantely a manufacturer can refuse warranty on any item on a car if the car has changed from its original specification. you'll find if u have a non gen exhaust and the window packs up you'll be fine. however if u start messing with the engine warranty may be and can LEGALLY be void.u will find though that some dealers will just do the warranty work as vauxhall themselves will not inspect the vehicle.if the dealer spouts off about the non gen exhaust when there is an engine problem then theyre losing custom and the money from the warranty work. we have a bulletin from vaux that says any modification to a car in any way will void the warranty. they have legal rights to do this as they have sold a product warranting the original spec. yesh i agree its pish, but at the end of the day if u mod a car in any way u have changed the spec, so realy why should the manufacturer warrant it from defect if is not standard? but to finish you;ll find that dealers will use a blind eye. my car aint standard at all, but vauxhall hq will never know this.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Big up my Vauxhall dealer.. 22 database queries in 0.0126739 seconds