corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PC help again....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PC help again....
M2RTY

User status: Offline
5th May 04 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just installed windows xp over the top of ME for my g/f

all worked fine on my monitor at my house, took it to hers, plugged it all in and it loads fine

but

where the splash screen of the graphics card used to come up, hercules 3d or summit, the monitor now shuts off into standby mode saying no signal, and pc continues to load ok to the log on screen

might be graphics card aint XP compatible and needs software upgrade?

cheers
Tim
Site Administrator

5th May 04 at 10:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's more likely the fact that your monitor supports either a higher resolution and/or refresh rate.

[So her monitor displays no sync and switches off because it can't deal with settings that high]

Boot it up in safe mode (F8 at beginning of boot for menu) and then manually reset the display properties...

[Edited on 05-05-2004 by Tim]
DanielJ

5th May 04 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more than likely ye
M2RTY

5th May 04 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doh

just took the full pc to mine and left monitor lol

but i can get around it yeah?

cheers tim

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PC help again.... 25 database queries in 0.0094380 seconds