corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » is their new LAW against tints???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is their new LAW against tints???
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
   3rd May 04 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive heard recently that theirs new laws against getting tints????

or does it depend were you live????

as far as i know can hav anything on rear sides and boot window but front two windows can only be tinted 30%......is this correct???
diddon

3rd May 04 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cannot have tints on the front sides now I believe, Ask Noonster he got pulled last week
stuyw

3rd May 04 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it used to be that m8, but now the feds have clamped down on it and can make u remove them at the roadside . ur now only allowed factory tints, but wot about the 4x4 like the X5 n that, am sure that they have dark tints
MoNkEy MaGiC

3rd May 04 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont lie guys

that is so unfair!!! 30% tint is minor anyways!!!!

wat if u had it tinted b4 the law came out???
and when did this stupid new law come in??? i live in london and loads of people and my mates have their windows tinted!!!
Skinner

3rd May 04 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is a new law comeing in.
we got in a letter form the ministry of transport about it, am not sure what it is ill find out when am back at work and post it up
Jambo

3rd May 04 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am supposed to be having mine tinted next week, i am uming and arring now, ive wanted them for so long, its so much nicer driving a car with tints. (Dad has em on range orver) u dont get stared at so much, sun dont blind u it aint as muggy in the car. Perfect.

THis new law is so fucking pathetic its unreal and i dont wanna have em taken off if i just had em done!

Dont see the point in tining rest of windows, makes it look liek a van without the fronts
penfold82

3rd May 04 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just had mine done. I knew about the new law but i've wanted tinted windows my whole life. They're not usually too bad about stuff like that over here unless ur takin the piss. Got stopped at a routine check point the other day and the peeler mentioned them but said it was a traffic branch matter.

Got mine tinted medium all round and dark smoke at the back. Considered gettin them done light all round, but i want it to look like i have them tinted

If i get shit for havin the fronts done i'll probably just rip em all off and get get light all round and say theyre factory dipped.

It really is the dumbest law in the world. I can understand maybe a law against limo black cos thats safety but anythin less is a piece of piss to see out of. I have dark smoke on the back and at night u can see everything out of it! Infact the Bmw X5 comes in a tint that looks way darker than my rear window ALL ROUND IT!!!!

Can we not do somethin about this???
kev_corsa

3rd May 04 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kev_corsa

3rd May 04 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been fined twice for mine
MoNkEy MaGiC

3rd May 04 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok say i got them done all round and got pulled over....if i say it was done before the law what would they say???

because im sure everyone will say that!!
im guessing the will ask me to prove it??? eg receipt with date of tint purchase?
MoNkEy MaGiC

3rd May 04 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kev_corsa

fine!!!

is that all that they can do???

how much was your fine mate, and how much is ur car tinted??
penfold82

3rd May 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The third paragraph of that states that it is "to prevent the use of excessive tints where it presents a real danger" I might print out a copy of that legislation and quote that to the peeler and get him to sit in my car and tell me if he thinks it presents a danger. I wish i had leccy windows so i could quickly put them down if i was stopped. lol.
kev_corsa

3rd May 04 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoNkEy MaGiC
quote:

fine!!!

is that all that they can do???

how much was your fine mate, and how much is ur car tinted??

15% ive been pulled about them loads of times and they test them with light meters
Jambo

3rd May 04 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what kind of tints u get done too, i.e crystal ones let in loads of light but are quite dark on the outside?
MoNkEy MaGiC

3rd May 04 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

15% ive been pulled about them loads of times and they test them with light meters

is your car 15% tinted!!! it looks more like 40-50%tinted??
langey

3rd May 04 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so are mirror tints gonna be illigal??
Russ

3rd May 04 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

back 3 - dark as you like
front 2 - above 70% VLT
windscreen - none
mwg

3rd May 04 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mat got pulled last night on the way to Blackpool cruise. 3 cars went past us about 60mph in a 30 zone police man sat inside of the road let just about to pull out to go after them, saw my mates tints (light smoke!) and must have decided it was easier to pull him over than chase after the other cars! got off with it though cos he tested them and took him to the police car but then got called out on a pursuit! lucky bastard!
penfold82

3rd May 04 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_boy69
my mat got pulled last night on the way to Blackpool cruise. 3 cars went past us about 60mph in a 30 zone police man sat inside of the road let just about to pull out to go after them, saw my mates tints (light smoke!) and must have decided it was easier to pull him over than chase after the other cars! got off with it though cos he tested them and took him to the police car but then got called out on a pursuit! lucky bastard!

This is sickening! This goes to show the governments stupid laws are not doing anybody any good.

I love my car. I love my licence, I drive carefully to make sure that my insurance doesnt get worse and that i dont waste all the hard work i've done on my car. Its not my fault that a load of wee wankers with no taste or knowledge about cars think its stylish to break the law or to push the law to extremes where safety is compromised and laws are tightened as a result. I'm sick of seing these wee pricks with an ecotec spoiler, hubcaps and an exhaust trim racing each other in 30mph zones and putting my insurance up among other things. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
corsa_lover

4th May 04 at 06:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the guy at my local shop said it applies to those whove had it done before the law.

intrestingly though that only mentioned films what if you have your windows dipped bit more expensive but could get around the law?
penfold82

4th May 04 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_lover
the guy at my local shop said it applies to those whove had it done before the law.

intrestingly though that only mentioned films what if you have your windows dipped bit more expensive but could get around the law?

Well it'd be fun if they told u to take em off.

[Edited on 04-05-2004 by penfold82]

New Poll