corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » am i losing bhp

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author am i losing bhp
sassyminx

User status: Offline
3rd May 04 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

having a k&n induction kit on my gsi cos i hav been told that they do........but i like the sound of mine......just rather hav the power tbh
LukeGSi

3rd May 04 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesh
sassyminx

3rd May 04 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much luke??? and is is noticeable, mite hav to do away with the k&n and go back to standard air box but drilled
DAYZEE

3rd May 04 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are its probably about 2bhp. I'm not sure about anyone else but I couldn't give a rats ass about 2bhp.
PaulW

3rd May 04 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

either sealed induction kit or norm airbox with baffle-cap removed from underside & performance filter would get best results
sassyminx

3rd May 04 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
either sealed induction kit or norm airbox with baffle-cap removed from underside & performance filter would get best results

mite hav a loook into this
LukeGSi

3rd May 04 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sassyminx
how much luke??? and is is noticeable, mite hav to do away with the k&n and go back to standard air box but drilled

Yeah doubt it will be noticeable tbh. You will notice it most after sitting in traffic etc, the cone then sucks im hot air which aint ideal!! Yesh drill airbox, fit a k&n panel and if possible a decent cold air feed. I had a enclosed ramair on mine and when i changed it for drilled box i noticed a better pull thro the revs with no flat spots what so ever
Nismo

3rd May 04 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah you will loose a bit as more heat can get in the engine , try making up a heat sink plate or sheild.
SetH

3rd May 04 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you are probably losing midrange torque/bhp and maybe gaining a little bit of peak bhp, that it until you get a hot day or your engine bay gets hot then you are losing even more.

Like dayzee says the power loss might not matter to you, if you really really want that noise then go with it.
Marc

3rd May 04 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had to rev the corsa setting off with the ind kit as it became abit sluggish at low revs. Sounded nice tho
sassyminx

3rd May 04 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it aint the noise really cos it sounds nice with the sebring, its performance im more concerned about......
LukeGSi

3rd May 04 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
it aint the noise really cos it sounds nice with the sebring, its performance im more concerned about......

then get a drilled box and panel filter, mine still roars nicely when i floor it
sassyminx

3rd May 04 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by born_upsideout
quote:

then get a drilled box and panel filter, mine still roars nicely when i floor it

mite do that, thanks luke
LukeGSi

3rd May 04 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joff

3rd May 04 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A little extra heat won't make much of a difference to a C16XE/X16XE so stick with the induction kit you've got.

You might find the car is sluggish after sitting in traffic for a few minutes, but only for the first 10 metres or so. Once you're moving the induction kit will be sucking in cooler air again.

If induction kits didn't work, then companies like K&N, Pipercross, ITG, Ram Air, Green, Blitz, HKS, etc wouldn't have a product to sell.

ed

3rd May 04 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
A little extra heat won't make much of a difference to a C16XE/X16XE so stick with the induction kit you've got.

You might find the car is sluggish after sitting in traffic for a few minutes, but only for the first 10 metres or so. Once you're moving the induction kit will be sucking in cooler air again.

If induction kits didn't work, then companies like K&N, Pipercross, ITG, Ram Air, Green, Blitz, HKS, etc wouldn't have a product to sell.

I'm sure 70% of people only have an induction kit for the sound...
Then there is the 20% of people who don't even know that an induction kit is for performance enhancing, as they only think that they are fitted to make the car sound 'better'...
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

3rd May 04 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
quote:

Then there is the 20% of people who don't even know that an induction kit is for performance enhancing, as they only think that they are fitted to make the car sound 'better'...

THE MATHS DOESNT ADD UP?!"£?!"£ where did the 10% go?
ed

3rd May 04 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
quote:

THE MATHS DOESNT ADD UP?!"£?!"£ where did the 10% go?

The people who fit them because they know that the induction can improve the performance, if installed correctly. I aint done no research or nothing. I was just trying to prove a point...
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

3rd May 04 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1800ed you put the sex in sexy.
Jambo

3rd May 04 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drilled air box is just the same as an induction kit. Why would you want to drilled a purposly sealed unit? to loose pressure and let warm air in? i.e defeatinmg the main purpose for it in the first placE?

Build yourself a nice heatsheild and muccho cold air feeds. If you even wrap them in kitchen foil they work better

Oh and if you clean your air filter regularly itll work better too
ed

3rd May 04 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
1800ed you put the sex in sexy.

kaila

13th Oct 05 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IVE GOT A K&N ON MY GSI & THINK IT FEELS BIT BETTER.. WHICH IS A BONOUS DA SOUND IS GREAT MUCH DEEPER...
Carl

13th Oct 05 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kaila
IVE GOT A K&N ON MY GSI & THINK IT FEELS BIT BETTER.. WHICH IS A BONOUS DA SOUND IS GREAT MUCH DEEPER...

init
dave17

13th Oct 05 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh ffs i read al that, and then saw joff was on, then looked at the date

safe blud
3CorsaMeal

14th Oct 05 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so much crap in this thread

like feck they

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » am i losing bhp 22 database queries in 0.1859939 seconds