corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help
Shane

User status: Offline
2nd May 04 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right im on my birds laptop and the net connection is shit

she is using a sitecom pc card v.92 fax . modem, its on a 56k and disconnects every 5 mins any 1 got any ideas cheers
Adam-D

2nd May 04 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a new modem
Shane

2nd May 04 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol
Dom

2nd May 04 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

usually if it disconnects, then its down to a dodgy modem or the line quality try pluging it in at the master socket for the telephone line and see if that helps Or uninstall the drivers, reboot the lappy and reinstall them and see if that solves it...or try newer drivers (if there are any).

Apart from that, there isnt alot that can be done....i used to suffer from this when i had 56k, but found out it was the telephone extension i was using, so got another line installed next to the PC (another master socket) and it solved it
Shane

2nd May 04 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im trying it straight from the socket so lets see how it copes
Adam-D

2nd May 04 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or goto wimdows see if there any updates for it
Dan B

2nd May 04 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the ISP fully support the V92 protocol? I know the last one I worked for didn't ...

Also, if you post the make/model of the modem, I'll see if I can find the test to do to work out your line-noise levels......too much line-noise, and you'll get intermittently disconnected (may be worth ringing BT Line Faults (151), and telling them this - ask if they can do anything to lower the line-noise and increase the gain).

{Edit: I'm still half asleep, just noticed the make/model is in the opening post - try one of these links, although don't think any of them will work with a laptop (hence PCMCIA) modem: http://www.modemhelp.net/linenoise/noise.shtml}

[Edited on 02/05/2004 by Dan B]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » help 24 database queries in 0.0082419 seconds