corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help with fitting smoke headlights

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help with fitting smoke headlights
jam

User status: Offline
1st May 04 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got some new front smoked headlights to fit . I started fitting them this morning . Manged to do evrything ok like swaping over the lamps and holders . But i came across a problem with the tilt adjustment , the motor that fits to the back of the lamp unit has a rod wich connects into reflector (to move it up/down) . When i put the auto adjust unit onto the new headlight unit , the rod is not the right length and wont reach to connect to the reflector . As such the reflector is left just move around and i have no up/down adjustment .
Any1 eles had this problem or any suggestions on how to solve the prob . I was wondering if i went to scrapy and got manual adjust thing and fitted that , could this work ???
Any help apricated
cheers
chris
the_legend_of_yrag

1st May 04 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't remember exactly when i fitted my smoked lights, but i remember having trouble with the tilt adjust rod, not sure if it';s the same problem as you though, I couldnt get it out of the old headlight, so had to give it a good old yank but after that it just went into the new lights alrite..

What i found though once in even with the tilt adjusted to lowest the lights were bloody bright!!n Alot brighter than standard.
MJ

1st May 04 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this problem with mine, then i looked in the box and found to extension bits that go on the end of the adjusters to make them longer.

hope this helps
TOMAS

1st May 04 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah are you sure they are too short. Should have a like a ball on the end of the extension which pops into the adjuster in the light unit. You have to hold the rear of the bulb and tilt the mirror towards the adjuster to get it to pop into the socket inside.
jam

2nd May 04 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

arhharr
Just had good look in the box and found the littel extender bit .They where hiding at the bottom
Thx for help guys
cheers
chris
broster
Premium Member

2nd May 04 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fitted mien the other day and they alot brighter than standard lights, i can actually see at night!
TOMAS

2nd May 04 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

feckin wierd that aint it! I got LMF smoked legal ones and they were well bright! Didnt think they were enough 'euro' as they wernt clear glass so swapped to FK LHD's and they are utter shite for brightness!
broster
Premium Member

2nd May 04 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i have the lmf smoked legal ones!
corsadodo

2nd May 04 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had same problem, in the end i opened up smoked headlights and had to get new mirrored inner from scrappers, cos there seamed to be a bit missing in the smoked lights where the adjuster goes, work perfectly now
corsadodo

2nd May 04 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had same problem, in the end i opened up smoked headlights and had to get new mirrored inner from scrappers, cos there seamed to be a bit missing in the smoked lights where the adjuster goes, work perfectly now

New Poll