corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2.0L or 1.6??

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2.0L or 1.6??
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Apr 04 at 14:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a lexmaul inlet, supersprint exhaust, viper head work and full system, oh and kent cams, all waiting to go in!(all starting as of this week!, then itll need mapping! speak to greesemonkey and ask what mods he has, hes going on the rollers soon aswell! andy u have u2u in 2secs!
Daimo B

27th Apr 04 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CheekyCorsa
quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Ahh, but thats something you should consider when making the car.

Far too many people with to much money trying to have the "coolest" car without thinking about it. Everyone knows u'll never make money on a modified car, but there are ways you can sell a car and make more money from it.

Its all personal preference though aint it i was only suggesting something for him to think about!

Oh yeah, thats cool. I just kinda went off subject
Daimo B

27th Apr 04 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andysri
cheers for comments ppl, its a tough choise, i would love a 2.0, but i'v heard so many ppl complain, that its unreliable! a 1.6 wil b easier to sell, but i have NO intention of doing that! BUT i want an engine which is going to last a long time, and have power, PLUS one other major prob is the insurance!! i could get away not telling them if i put a 1.6, they look the same!

Un-reliable?? I think u'll find the 1.6 is less reliable when you start tuning it compared to an XE. XE is a fantastically strong engine.

I've had a water pump bust
and a crankshaft sensor.

Not bad for a 90,000+ mile engine (even if it is looked after). Had the engine around a year now.
Ojc

27th Apr 04 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you fit a 1.6 16v into a 1.4 16v I would seriously not bother telling insurance that its a 1.6 16v.
Fad

27th Apr 04 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
cheers for comments ppl, its a tough choise, i would love a 2.0, but i'v heard so many ppl complain, that its unreliable! a 1.6 wil b easier to sell, but i have NO intention of doing that! BUT i want an engine which is going to last a long time, and have power, PLUS one other major prob is the insurance!! i could get away not telling them if i put a 1.6, they look the same!

Un-reliable?? I think u'll find the 1.6 is less reliable when you start tuning it compared to an XE. XE is a fantastically strong engine.

and a crankshaft sensor.

Not bad for a 90,000+ mile engine (even if it is looked after). Had the engine around a year now.

i can second that my old 1.4 16v was soo unreliable once u started tunning it..cost me so much i could of done an XE conversion twice Head gaskets are too prone on these lumps and altho they are cracking engines they lack tourque and do cost a bomb to tune

done nearly 20K miles in valver and its been in the car a year and all i've had problems with are parts that are easy to swap and sort.

wouldn't say the 16xe is the best engine vaux ever built i'd say the 20XE without a doubt
BabyBlade

27th Apr 04 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.0 8valve all the way

might say differently when i've actually fitted it tho
Cybermonkey

27th Apr 04 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

and a crankshaft sensor.

Be more specific, an XE is the 1.6 also
ed

27th Apr 04 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think most can tell that 1.6 refers to a C16XE and XE refers to C20XE in that post.
Adam_B

27th Apr 04 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20xe for me
Cybermonkey

27th Apr 04 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
I think most can tell that 1.6 refers to a C16XE and XE refers to C20XE in that post.

Im just winding daimo up And by the way, an X16XE would be a better choice. Not has competent as the C16 but newer and less mileage
ed

27th Apr 04 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

J da Silva

27th Apr 04 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have to listen to knowledgeless idiots telling me 2litre XE's and LET's are unreliable a lot of the time, people who listen get educated, people who jump on bandwagons and abuse their learning opportunities dont get educated, its simple as that
bazgooch

27th Apr 04 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fcuk it, cant be arsed to read all the responces but pound for pound its gotta be an XE
mike16v

27th Apr 04 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
i have to listen to knowledgeless idiots telling me 2litre XE's and LET's are unreliable a lot of the time, people who listen get educated, people who jump on bandwagons and abuse their learning opportunities dont get educated, its simple as that

this man talks sense
Drew
Banned

27th Apr 04 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
a 1.6 can be made to look pretty too. Its also the best N/A engine vauxhall ever made

Debatable. I think the redtop and LETs are personnally.

debateable again - try the 2.0 8v
ed

27th Apr 04 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike16v
quote:

this man talks sense

It's easy to research and learn. Thats what I've done. The only thing I'm unsure about is the electrics of the engine... But I got an M-Tec fitting guide now, so I'm more or less sorted
mike16v

27th Apr 04 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drew did u ever run ures 1/4 mile mate?
Drew
Banned

27th Apr 04 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah never did, cv joint would have broke
J da Silva

27th Apr 04 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8v's are cheaper and easier to fix and diagnose when they break

my view is if you want a good power figure go for the 2litre

if you want to achieve something which isn't regularly done then do a 1600 and mod it to your preferred spec, look back and think ' i got all that power from a little engine' and you will have a good sense of achievement

its what you want out of the car and your work
mike16v

27th Apr 04 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Drew
nah never did, cv joint would have broke

J da Silva

27th Apr 04 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
quote:
Originally posted by mike16v
quote:

this man talks sense

It's easy to research and learn. Thats what I've done. The only thing I'm unsure about is the electrics of the engine... But I got an M-Tec fitting guide now, so I'm more or less sorted

there is nothing like experience
Voyto

27th Apr 04 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
If you fit a 1.6 16v into a 1.4 16v I would seriously not bother telling insurance that its a 1.6 16v.

why
ed

27th Apr 04 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So that when you are involved in an accident you will be uninsured and get banned from driving for 2 years and get a load of points. Duhh!
J da Silva

27th Apr 04 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i hear it is cool to get banned from driving these days
ed

27th Apr 04 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, it isnt....

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2.0L or 1.6?? 22 database queries in 0.0251250 seconds