corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 3mm spacers?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 3mm spacers?
Go3asy

User status: Offline
21st Apr 04 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didint want to do this but.........wheels are et 45, but i think 3mm spacers o nthe front wheels will sort my conter cap probs, will this effect anything ? they are 17s and lowerd 40mm aswell, might rub im thinking,

most of all i dont want it to be noticably wide, well i dont want the wheels to look like they stick out so much, looks like that at the front as it is not sure is it that noticable ? might just settle for grinding the drive shaft rod back a bit, but theres a little pin that sits over it, whats that for? it wouldnt fit back on if i grinded it back

[Edited on 21-04-2004 by Go3asy]
luca2020

21st Apr 04 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3mm spacers will put the offset to 42, which is what i haveon my 18s, and they dont stick out
Go3asy

21st Apr 04 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what diffrence in the handling will it make? and i dont want the car to jump all over the place when i brake, or pull alot

[Edited on 21-04-2004 by Go3asy]
mav

21st Apr 04 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never made ant diff to handling when they were on my car m8...

Just the usual 17's trait of tram lining.....................

|Don't stick out that u would notice...

stubbsy05

21st Apr 04 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tried taking the grease cap covers off?
I have et45 Wolfrace UR7s in 15". The centre caps wouldn't fit on the front. Took the grease cap covers off and they fitted fine.
Personally I'd avoid spacers if you can.
Go3asy

21st Apr 04 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not the grease caps, the prob with them is at the abck, thats ok now, its the rod under the caps at the front, its too long
Tim
Site Administrator

21st Apr 04 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd personally trim down the stub axle and get the caps on than put spacers on... it's the easy fix, but Joff has just had to use spacers to get his 4-pot brakes behind the wheel, and hates the handling now!
Go3asy

21st Apr 04 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it ok to trim the stub back then ? theres a pin on it i am not sureabout, if i trim it bck the pin wont fit, ill take a photo tonight
Go3asy

21st Apr 04 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
stubbsy05

21st Apr 04 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had to trim the stub down to get my speedlines on. Seems fine with mine. Dunno how many mm we took off though.
Go3asy

21st Apr 04 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what did u use? and did u have to throw away the little pin that sits over it?
Tim
Site Administrator

21st Apr 04 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't throw away the split-pin... It's doing its job. The actual pin goes throug the axle just by the nut, so you can cut down the 'tail' of the pin so it doesn't stick out as much when it's folded...

I'm yet to cut mine down, but i'll probably just hacksaw the axle down a bit, then angle grind off (taper) the end so I can get the nut on/off easily (as the hacksaw will distort the thread...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 3mm spacers? 22 database queries in 0.0145888 seconds