corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wheel offset Q

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wheel offset Q
AdiSRI

User status: Offline
20th Apr 04 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im looking at getting Dare V1's for my car, 7 x 17".

I also want to fit coilovers at the same time, and psg wide archs.

My question is what offset should i get, ET45 or ET40, bearing in mind that i want it to clear the coilover strut without spacers, and i dont want any rubbing at all!!
Drew
Banned

20th Apr 04 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

et 45 17s wont clear the coilovers

well didnt on mine with spax coilovers
AdiSRI

20th Apr 04 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is the worry i have, does anyone know on FK or COBRA coilovers, as the spax ones r a tad different to the others...
Joff

20th Apr 04 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're fitting wide arches then go for ET40 - at least then the fibreglass will hide the bodged arches underneath.

I've had to fit spacers on my ET45 wheels to get clearance on my 4-pots and the handling is now terrible - I can't understand why people would be happy driving a Corsa with ET40 wheels unless they've never tried it on ET45-49!!
Tim
Site Administrator

20th Apr 04 at 23:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Um Adam_B runs ET45 16"x7J with FK coilovers... Would have thought the width was more important as my wheels go above the spring platform...
AdiSRI

21st Apr 04 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so might i be ok with 7 x 17 et45??

My current wheels are ET45 but r 7.5" wide and i get a lot of tramlining already...
AdiSRI

21st Apr 04 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Tim
Site Administrator

21st Apr 04 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think 17x7J should be fine... Buy ET45 and if you need spacers then get them... Surely it's better to buy a higher offset and only use spacers if you really need to, rather than buying lower offset wheels and not being able to do anything to raise it...
AdiSRI

21st Apr 04 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prolly for the best yes...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wheel offset Q 22 database queries in 0.0094979 seconds