corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Water Pump (Fooked)...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Water Pump (Fooked)...
andycb

User status: Offline
10th Apr 04 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been having a "wierd" noise coming from the auxillary drive belt for a week or two.. went to replace the belt today.. but it turns out its actually a bearing in the water pump..

gonna get down to vauxhall tommorow and get a quote on having the work done.. but it seems like the engines gotta come off the mounts and all sorts of shit..

just wondering if anyone had any ideas on a rough cost i should expect for the pump and labour (hopefully so i dont get ripped off again).. and has anyone replaced a water pump on the DOHC engines before? or even replaced the auxillary drive belt (seems to be a similar job) 1.2i 16v for a bit more info.. and if u had any advice.. like things to look out for, tips or tools i might need..

thanks alot..
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

10th Apr 04 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was gonna be about £80-100 for that from cheap local mechanic i know, but vaux will prob charge like 300 odd coz its about 3 hours labour
Stone Cold Rattlesnake

10th Apr 04 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what did the noise sound like mate? also when did you hear it? did you only hear it a specific and certain points???

sorry to ask these mate just i fear i mite have the same prob heard some weird noises
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

10th Apr 04 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some of the noises r similar, when my cat had broken up sounded like the water pump too
andycb

10th Apr 04 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a pretty hard noise to describe.. like a whirring, but like a vibrating whirring.. sounds a bit like the belts loose.. its a constant noise and gets louder/faster as the revs go up.. its gradually been getting louder for a few weeks..

its not too hard to find the noise under the bonnet..
Stone Cold Rattlesnake

10th Apr 04 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it ever stop?

cause at the mo. mine has a screeching noise when cold it goes away when it warms up though??? similar to that? I think i need a new belt
troubled_corsa

10th Apr 04 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stone cold yours will jst be a belt. alternator bet. power steerin belt. somthin along them lines.
Stone Cold Rattlesnake

10th Apr 04 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers troubled_corsa thats what a mate said aswell
Drew
Banned

11th Apr 04 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah - belt needs tightening up

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Water Pump (Fooked)... 22 database queries in 0.0098870 seconds